“Good Value and Service for Business Travellers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Victoria

Ramada Victoria
Ranked #46 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Value and Service for Business Travellers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 days in July 2014 for business. Central to the Canadian Forces Base and to downtown Victoria (10 to 15 mins). Room was clean and the hotel was quiet for the most part. Food at the Ceclia Creek Eatery was quite good. The wireless connection is extremely fast. I had no problems downloading emails and documents and keeping in touch with the office. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JJP2153
Eileen M, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Victoria. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our clean, quiet rooms, WIFI and the restaurant facilities. We appreciate our guest comments and look forward to having you back again on a future visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

A nice hotel for a good price. The room was clean and in good shape. The staff were very good and helpful. They have coin laundry at this hotel which was nice as we had been traveling for a bit and needed to clean some cloths. There is a nice pub and a small restaurant on site and both had good staff and food.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GummyStewart
Eileen M, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Victoria. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodation clean and in good shape and the staff friendly and helpful. The coin laundry is a real bonus for guests, such as yourself, who travel for extended periods of time. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of it.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back again on a future visit.
Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! THEY GAVE AWAY MY FULLY PAID FOR ROOM RESERVATION!!! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUALITY!!!

I made a reservation (fully paid for) for my father and sister to stay in a 2 bedroom suite on 7/2/2014. They arrived at 11pm after a long day of travel. Upon arrival, my 65 year old father was told that his room was given away. HOW CAN RAMADA INN GIVE MY FULLY PAID FOR ROOM AWAY AFTER I CALLED AND CONFIRMED PRIOR TO ARRIVAL!?! There is nothing more I can say other than THIS hotel AND THEIR CUSTOMER service is TERRIBLE, UNRELIABLE, AND OF POOR QUALITY!

My father and sister were relocated to a quality inn at 11:30pm that same night and were told by the front desk to pay the difference. They were both hassled by the RAMADA INN FRONT DESK AS WELL AS THE QUALITY INN. I AM OUTRAGED. They should not be hassled or even asked to pay the difference. They did not pay anything after my father both called back the Ramada inn and complained. THE RAMADA INN SHOULD BE REFUNDING ME AND PAYING FOR THEIR HOTEL STAY ALL TOGETHER due to the inconvenience they caused to both my sister and father after 12 hours of travel.

I called again last Thurday, 7/3/2014 to speak with a manager and was told by the front desk that the manager was out of the office. I voiced my concern to the lady at the front desk about what had happened and she told me that the manager did receive my complaint and would be contacting me....well...STILL NO CALL!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! The Customer Service is beyond despicable...IF I COULD RATE THEM A ZERO I WOULD!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sandrawk55
Sandra,
Once again I offer my apologies for the inconvenience of having to relocate your father and sister at the late hour of their arrival. As we discussed, unfortunately we had some unexpected stay overs and the room type you had reserved was not available. We did offer your father and sister another room type at the Ramada but they refused. At this point the only alternative was to relocate them. While it is never our intention to have to relocate a guest, we do our utmost to accommodate them. Also, as discussed with you a full refund has been made for the inconvenience.

Travellers are raving about these Victoria hotels

Surrey, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

been there with my son for a swim meet between July 2 and July 7. Booked the room in early April, to ensure a good one . The hotel is old and definitely needs some renovations. The staircase was inaccessible, so every time going in or out of my room, in the second floor, I had to wait for the elevator, which took for ever. the room was small, the sink was outside the bathroom with very limited counter space. The window opened on the lobby roof and was accessible by many youths and had no screen. so the only was to cool down the room was the AC. and to my surprise it was a portable unit: very very noisy and prevented me from having a good sleep. The room was not cleaned on the last day. In general I was not impressed and will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there unless no other alternative.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Victoria. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay or your accommodation. I'm not quite sure why you state the stairwell was inaccessible. We offer a variety of room types including full suites, which are larger than our standard rooms and offer full kitchens as well. We have been experiencing some very high temperatures in Victoria of late and although the a/c may have been noisy, I trust it cooled you down.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I were in Victoria for a week to spend time with our 5 year old great granddaughter. I booked this hotel for convenience to where they live and to downtown. And the fact they had a pool. We were pleasantly surprised it is an older hotel but very clean and very well maintained. The staff were fantastic, extremely friendly and helpful for anything we need. The hotel was totally booked and yet we never heard anything at night. The food in the restaurant was to die for and the service in there wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and the rate was really good.

Room Tip: request room away from location of the bar
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mardoran
Eileen M, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Victoria. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our facilities, clean comfortable accommodation and our friendly, helpful staff. We appreciate positive comments such as yours, and we look forward to having you back again on a future visit.
boise, id
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just needed a hotel for one night after spending the afternoon at Butchard's garden. It is an older hotel but somewhat renovated. It has everything you need, coffee maker, refrigerator and the beds were comfortable and it looked clean. The reception was friendly and helpful with direction, not far to drive to downtown Victoria.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Victoria. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the Ramada clean and comfortable and that you also enjoyed our amenities and friendly staff.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My daughter in law and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We had a car so this hotel was chosen because of the costs foremost and the reviews were highly considered. We arrived around 3.30pm and was greeted with a warm smile and very quick check-in plus we were given a map of the Victoria area to help us get around. The room had 2 queen size beds that was all so comfortable to sleep on. The shower/bathroom was small but adequate and clean. The free internet access was fast. There was parking at either the front or back of the hotel, quite often the front parking was full. The little restaurant at the hotel offered very tasty, large, reasonably priced breakfast....If there was a drawback, it would be the airconditioning was a bit old and noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bar/lounge area
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathy5668
Eileen M, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review of the Ramada on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and chose us for our price point, location and reviews. We appreciate positive comments such as yours. We look forward to having you back again on a future visit.