“Fantastic location and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Huntingdon Manor Hotel

Huntingdon Manor Hotel
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Edmonton, Canada
“Fantastic location and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

An excellent place to stay while visiting Victoria. The great location is complimented by friendly staff and the historic atmosphere makes for a unforgettable experience. I would recommend this hotel to all friends and family and will definitely stay again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms faving the ocean are stunning
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tyler S
, General Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear Guest

We very appreciate your wonderful feedback, thank you.

All our employees do try their very best every day to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

We hope you will visit us again real soon.

Best Regards
Bernd Bohl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Boulder, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Lobby was very nice. Room was spacious. Beds not bad. Bathroom was clean. Good location as it was within walking distance of downtown. Staff wasn't overly helpful though. Pay to park at $9 a night.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, we value your comments very much.
Although you did enjoy your stay some of our staff seemed to have been not as helpful as you expected - my apologies. I will take this opportunity to review our hospitality standards to ensure that upon your return you will find the kind of hospitatlity you can look forward to.

Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

Well located near harbour with clean spacious room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cece562
HuntingdonVictoria, General Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time and posting your comments, we do appreciate your feedback.
I behalf of all of our employees we thank you for choosing our hotel on your visit to Victoria.
We are looking forward to your next visit in the hopefully near future and remain
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed at the Huntingdon Hotel and Suites the weekend of May 25th. We selected the hotel for its location and affordability. We were not disappointed with either. The location is right on the inner harbor with wonderful walking opportunities right outside the door. Our weekend was a celebration for a family gathering and we booked three rooms. There was not one complaint from anyone in our group regrading the room cleanliness. The hotel does need some renovations but we recieved full value for the $$$ we spent. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful each time we asked for information. We had breakfast in the hotel cafe and dinner in their fine dining restaurant called, I believe Gatsbys. Service at both were friendly and efficient and the food was very good.

I would stay again at the Huntingdon with my family or when I travel to Victoria on business. From some of the previous comments, the hotel must have passed through a rough spot. They obviously have found their way back and good on them

Stephen Family

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gloria S
Dear Stephen Family

In behalf of all our employees we do thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are very happy you did enjoy your stay with us and sincerly hope you will visit us again in the very near future.

Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

We could not have asked for a nicer hotel. Staff were always willing to help.
Other posters complain about dirty and outdated facilities, we did not see any of that. Our room smelled fresh and was clean. Wallpaper held tightly to the walls (I can't beleive people complain about that) and the bathroom was spotless. We would highly recommend this hotel and its dinning facility.
My Aunt mentions that the afternoon tea service was fantastic and there was a lot of very nice food (she skipped dinner because she was so stuffed from the tea service).
The Queen bed was excellent! Where do I get one of those beds???
The hotel is in easy walking distance to all major attractions near the port. 9 min walking time from hotel to downtown (all the way into downtown). Accross the street from the ferry. No taxi needed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Arleen R
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your kind comments, we very appreciate your wonderful feedback.
Our staff does indeed try their very best every day to make the guest's stay as enjoyable as possible.
We hope to see you back at our hotel real soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

For an older hotel, which when I arrived I thought was going to be a disaster, I was pleased. The service was great. The amenities were all there and the view from my room was spectacular. The manager even approached me and asked if I had everything I needed!!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your positive comments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely hope you will visit us again in the very near future.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I decided to stay at the Huntingdon Hotel because it has a great Inner harbour location and it is close to a number of attractions. When I arrived (stayed mid May), the staff were friendly and provided me with information and directions I was looking for. As I travel frequently, I appreciate efficient staff and these folks are great.
My room was comfortable and I really liked the convenience of the hotel restaurant, the food was excellent.
I travel on business and I found the price point very good as is the location.
Good Work Everyone

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking your time to submit your comments, we very much appreciate your feedback.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will see again in the very near future.