“Old, although it has Charm, but that is about all!”

Huntingdon Manor Hotel
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Canada
“Old, although it has Charm, but that is about all!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel does not have air conditioning except on 3rd floor. It is in dior need of an upgrade - old, tired, and worn out. No extra anemities at all! Don't expect anything extra - towels, a bed, and a TV are all you will get. Front staff were all Friendly, location was excellent, and the price is o.k. for what you get!

Room Tip: No good rooms that I know of - 3rd floor only has air conditioning.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SnowbirdfromCanada
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
Many of the older hotels in Victoria do not have air conditioning. When they were built, air conditioning was not considered essential. Generally in spite of warm day time conditions it does tend to cool down in the evening. We do provide fans in every guestrooms and windows that open.
Under our new ownership the Huntingdon Manor will undergo refurbishment of its guestrooms and public areas commencing in October of 2014..
We invite you to return to experience the new look and ambience ..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Huntingdon has a great location and a great price. The room was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The beds weren't very comfortable and it was difficult finding somewhere to plug our electronics into because the outlets in our room were kind of old, and the plugs just fell right out. (Minor issue!) Also, the hotel is quite old and in need of a face lift. But we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracie F
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
Complete refurbishment of all guestrooms and public areas of the hotel will commence in October and will be completed in March of 2015.
There will be no construction during this time so guests can be assured of no inconvenience during this time period.
We invite you to come back and enjoy the "New Look" at the Huntingdon!
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 3 day stay at the Huntingdon Manor. What a wonderful hotel! it's so nice to stay at a smaller "non-chain" place. The staff was amazing - so friendly and helpful, we felt we were visiting friends. Location is superb (right across the street from the Victoria Clipper dock), nice walk over to the Inner Harbour sights, rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable. No question, this is our "go to" place in beautiful Victoria.

Room Tip: Our only issue (our fault) was that we had a split level room; the stairs were a bit difficult to ma...
2 Thank rodnmartha
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Huntingdon.
The Huntingdon will be undergoing refurbishment of its guestrooms and public areas commencing in October, 2014.
The loft rooms on the third floor are unique -- but we realize that the stairs are steep and can be challenging. One of the improvements that is under consideration is to restructure the stairs which will allow for a landing mid way and will thus create more space in the room.
We invite you to come back and visit us to experience the "new Look" at the Huntingdon!
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My daughter & I were searching on line for an inexpensive but nice hotel in Victoria, B.C. I was only staying for 1 night and I wanted something close to the Inner Harbour as I wanted to be able to walk around the quaint down town core. Her friend found one for me and this place turned out to be a very nice hotel indeed. The front desk staff were very friendly & helpful when I checked in at 4pm. I was a little hungry but didn't want anything large to eat. The desk clerk suggested I try "Santiago's" just around the corner. The restaurant was adjacent to the hotel and I have to say that they served me the best seafood chowder soup I have had in a long time. Loved it!
I opted to park my car in the underground parkade for $9.00 a day. The room I was given had no air conditioning but I didn't need it, The view overlooked the gorgeous court yard, Gatsby restaurant and a view of the harbour. The window opened up so I had air circulation & there was a fan in the closet if I needed it. The room was very large with a comfortable king size bed (out dated comforter), very comfortable pillows, leather love seat, full size fridge, stove, sink and cupboard with dishes. Would be useful if I was staying for at least 3 days. The bathroom was dated but very clean.
There are a couple of options for eating and I had breakfast in the Gatsby the next morning. Again I enjoyed great food with having the convenience of not having to go anywhere.
I would absolutely come and stay here again. Well worth what I paid for the room. If you are a resident of British Columbia they give you the local rate. Less expensive than BCAA/AAA.
By the way, some rooms have a/c so if you really wanted it I would assume you could request one of those rooms. I also found that I didn't hear any noise and was able to sleep like a baby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the harbour (South side). I was in room #238
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Suzie B
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
Refurbishment of the guestrooms and public areas in the Huntingdon will begin in October .
Come back and visit us again !
We are confident that the improvements made will make your stay even more enjoyable.
Souris, MB
Reviewed 28 June 2014

the service was great, rooms were clean. We made a mistake of taking a room with a loft. The only thing upstairs was a bed and bench, not even a tv. Not the best of choice for seniors. The room had a full kitchen and was close to the harbour. I would stay again, but would ensure I have my accommodation was on one level

Room Tip: the rooms with stairs are difficult for seniors. Difficult to get your bags up the stairs to the ro...
1 Thank Eleanor N
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
The stairs in the loft rooms are somewhat challenging. As part of our refurbishment programme starting in October the stairs will be redesigned so that there is a landing allowing for more space in the room . The stairs in turn will less steep -- much easier to manoeuver!
The refurbishments will be completed in March of 2015.
Come back and see us again!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wanted a cot for an extra person, as advertised they had them on hotel.com, got there and they don't have cots anymore, we had to pay extra and upgrade to a family room, attitude was uncaring. They charged us for parking and there was free parking outside the hotel, room was untidy, bathroom not clean, complained to manager by email over two weeks ago and still no reply. Care factor and customer service...zero. Hotels.com did not publish my review, but have published good ones I posted after this one....ps location was great in Victoria!!

Room Tip: Check with hotel itself if you need extra cot, we told them we had 3 people staying when I booked..
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for one night after being moved after a problem with a neighbouring hotel. It's in a great location. The hotel itself looks very attractive from the outside. Inside it's a bit old fashioned and the towels and bedding have seen better days. Not a problem of course, but just saying!

3 Thank ljsUk