“Our Favorite Place in Victoria”

Huntingdon Manor Hotel
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Our Favorite Place in Victoria”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was our second time in Victoria and we stayed at the Huntingdon both times. We pretty much stumbled upon it during our first visit, but my wife liked the place so much we came back for two nights. We had one of the loft suites both times and they are much better than a regular hotel room for about the same price. Bathroom was modern and clean. The kitchen area is convenient with a full sized refrigerator and stove. We didn't cook anything but it would nice to have if you are so inclined. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a bicycle rental place in front of the hotel if you want to rent bikes. We didn't eat at any of the restaurants on the property so I can't make any recommendations there. It is away from the bustle of downtown but is a very convenient location to downtown and the ferries from Port Angeles and Seattle.

Room Tip: We like the loft suites.
1 Thank drodawg
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Huntingdon.
We have plans to upgrade the Huntingdon commencing in October.
We will endeavor to continue to improve our product and our level of service ensuring that you will continue to make the Huntingdon your favourite place to stay in Victoria!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Canton of Ticino, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

we had a great time in Victoria and found this nice hotel just minutes from downtown. Quiet hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, the rooms are a little 'decandent', maybe to remind the Victorian building where the hotel is located. Would certainly go back though.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lapo11
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay.
The Gatsby Mansion where you stayed dates back to the 1890's and is deemed a historical site.
There are plans to improve the facility but the Victorian charm and ambience will remain the same.
We look forward to your next visit.
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This property is ideally situated by the harbour and clearly welcomes dogs... When we checked in there were 2 dogs with their owners, ok for us as we love dogs and have our own. The rooms were clean and adequate BUT there was no air con, fine for most times of the year but not great in a heat wave but they do provide fans. Very reasonable price and the staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HVD_12
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay on July 19th.
The older hotels in Victoria do not have air conditioning. When they were built this was not deemed essential.
Our guest rooms on the third do have air conditioning which was added during renovations in 2005.
In October of this year we will begin refurbishment of all guestrooms and public areas. At this time the possibility of adding air conditioning to all rooms will be considered.
We invite you to come back and bring your dog-- we hope to see you in the near future.
Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel does not have air conditioning except on 3rd floor. It is in dior need of an upgrade - old, tired, and worn out. No extra anemities at all! Don't expect anything extra - towels, a bed, and a TV are all you will get. Front staff were all Friendly, location was excellent, and the price is o.k. for what you get!

Room Tip: No good rooms that I know of - 3rd floor only has air conditioning.
1 Thank SnowbirdfromCanada
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
Many of the older hotels in Victoria do not have air conditioning. When they were built, air conditioning was not considered essential. Generally in spite of warm day time conditions it does tend to cool down in the evening. We do provide fans in every guestrooms and windows that open.
Under our new ownership the Huntingdon Manor will undergo refurbishment of its guestrooms and public areas commencing in October of 2014..
We invite you to return to experience the new look and ambience ..
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Huntingdon has a great location and a great price. The room was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The beds weren't very comfortable and it was difficult finding somewhere to plug our electronics into because the outlets in our room were kind of old, and the plugs just fell right out. (Minor issue!) Also, the hotel is quite old and in need of a face lift. But we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again for sure.

1 Thank Tracie F
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
Complete refurbishment of all guestrooms and public areas of the hotel will commence in October and will be completed in March of 2015.
There will be no construction during this time so guests can be assured of no inconvenience during this time period.
We invite you to come back and enjoy the "New Look" at the Huntingdon!
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 3 day stay at the Huntingdon Manor. What a wonderful hotel! it's so nice to stay at a smaller "non-chain" place. The staff was amazing - so friendly and helpful, we felt we were visiting friends. Location is superb (right across the street from the Victoria Clipper dock), nice walk over to the Inner Harbour sights, rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable. No question, this is our "go to" place in beautiful Victoria.

Room Tip: Our only issue (our fault) was that we had a split level room; the stairs were a bit difficult to ma...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rodnmartha
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
The Huntingdon will be undergoing refurbishment of its guestrooms and public areas commencing in October, 2014.
The loft rooms on the third floor are unique -- but we realize that the stairs are steep and can be challenging. One of the improvements that is under consideration is to restructure the stairs which will allow for a landing mid way and will thus create more space in the room.
We invite you to come back and visit us to experience the "new Look" at the Huntingdon!
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My daughter & I were searching on line for an inexpensive but nice hotel in Victoria, B.C. I was only staying for 1 night and I wanted something close to the Inner Harbour as I wanted to be able to walk around the quaint down town core. Her friend found one for me and this place turned out to be a very nice hotel indeed. The front desk staff were very friendly & helpful when I checked in at 4pm. I was a little hungry but didn't want anything large to eat. The desk clerk suggested I try "Santiago's" just around the corner. The restaurant was adjacent to the hotel and I have to say that they served me the best seafood chowder soup I have had in a long time. Loved it!
I opted to park my car in the underground parkade for $9.00 a day. The room I was given had no air conditioning but I didn't need it, The view overlooked the gorgeous court yard, Gatsby restaurant and a view of the harbour. The window opened up so I had air circulation & there was a fan in the closet if I needed it. The room was very large with a comfortable king size bed (out dated comforter), very comfortable pillows, leather love seat, full size fridge, stove, sink and cupboard with dishes. Would be useful if I was staying for at least 3 days. The bathroom was dated but very clean.
There are a couple of options for eating and I had breakfast in the Gatsby the next morning. Again I enjoyed great food with having the convenience of not having to go anywhere.
I would absolutely come and stay here again. Well worth what I paid for the room. If you are a resident of British Columbia they give you the local rate. Less expensive than BCAA/AAA.
By the way, some rooms have a/c so if you really wanted it I would assume you could request one of those rooms. I also found that I didn't hear any noise and was able to sleep like a baby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the harbour (South side). I was in room #238
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Suzie B
Mary Bea M, Public Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
Refurbishment of the guestrooms and public areas in the Huntingdon will begin in October .
Come back and visit us again !
We are confident that the improvements made will make your stay even more enjoyable.