“Yup that's a hair!!!!!”

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yup that's a hair!!!!!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I order a Chicken Pot Pie and got what seemed to be a tomato stew with chicken cubes in it. I could get past that as just maybe not understanding what the menu really was offering but the big thick black hair in my wife's steamed muscles and clams was just a little much. We advised the waitress of our displeasure and she was clearly mortified, the management not so much they provided a paltry 15% discount for this additive. Unfortunately this left us with having to demonstrate our displeasure by leaving the waitress a pretty paltry tip which is unfortunate for her as she was the best part of the whole experience.

The sign outside says under new management but I would suggest that if the offering continues to be this bad by next year this place will be boarded up or under new management again.

We clearly won't be back and will not be advising anyone to go near the place.

Visited October 2013

SE Minnesota
“Better seafood places”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We went in as they advertised oysters for $1 each (minimum order of 12). The oysters were OK, but they served them with no crackers. When I asked for some, they had none. My wife had fish and chips------they were also just OK, but for $20 you expect something better.

Flat land
“Avoid-- the food and the rip off!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Greasy battered halibut and cod only made worse by receipt of bill with 10 dollars of service charge added , and gratuities were not included.

This is the first time we have seen this in Canada.

This is a trick applied in London at times and all restaurants and customers need to be reminded that service charge is OPTIONAL.

Upon request the bill was re-issued and the service charge was removed.

vancouver
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We visited this restaurant this afternoon for halibut and chips. We had been here in the past, all be it several years ago, and raved about the halibut and chips. This time, not so much. We understand the restaurant has changed hands, and in our opinion, the new owner hasn't done much of a job since taking it over. First we had to sit outside where it was stifling hot. Then our order came - halibut and chips. The halibut was dry and tasteless, the 2 little balls, marble size, corn breads were fried and greasy, and the chips just plain weren't good at all. We found this to be an expensive tasteless meal and won't be back.

Victoria, Canada
“Worst halibut in Victoria.”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is the first review I have ever written but I am so disappointed in this restaurant, I want to warn those who may be deceived by it's location on the water. I have eaten at this restaurant twice and never again. I thought I would give them a second try and it was big mistake. My halibut was thin and chewy, I couldn't even bite through it. It was about 2 1/2 by 3 inches and less than 1/2 inch thick (including the breading). I sent it back and basically received the same thing a second time. Service was almost non-existent. My daughter ordered a non-alcoholic drink which they said they could reduce the price by 50 cents but the drink was so bad she couldn't drink it as it was straight margarita syrup. There will never be a third visit and this restaurant is a bad reflection on what Victoria has to offer.

• Visited June 2013