“Best Salmon Salad EVER”

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Salmon Salad EVER”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

So I've skimmed some of the other reviews ... I wonder if it's the same place? I thought the place where I had lunch today was called something like The Dock or some such, but in just checking the receipt, it says Joe's Seafood, same address. My experience was perfect. Sat by myself with a stunning view of the harbour, watching the sea planes take off and land. The salmon was amazing, and the mixed salad greens very plentiful and PRE CUT UP! Nothing more annoying than either having to cut up your salad yourself or trying to stuff huge leaves into your mouth. Nothing of the sort there.

Mangos, tomatoes, pickled onions, almonds, and a lovely vinaigrette all complemented the salad perfectly. My server allowed me to taste the Pinot Gris and the Chardonnay, and I greatly preferred the latter. In fact, it tasted like Chardonnay of way back when, before in the late 80s or early 90s oaking the wine became de riguer and I hate the acidic taste.

Loved the place. Definitely will go back.

• Visited December 2013

Maui, Hawaii
“A view if you can get it.”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

After walking around Victoria, a lot, we came back to Joes. The outside sign offers 1.00 oysters, so that drew me in. The seats with a view are there, but full. We took a small table with a minor view that was still acceptable. Of course, the oysters were so small. i ordered a dozen, might as well. Lunch was fine but not memorable, and overall the meal was expensive by any standards..
Over 100.00 canadian. Needless to say, we stayed 3 days in Victoria, near the harbor, walking distance, but did not come back here. The server was very nice and food delivered promptly and proper temps.

• Visited August 2013
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yup that's a hair!!!!!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I order a Chicken Pot Pie and got what seemed to be a tomato stew with chicken cubes in it. I could get past that as just maybe not understanding what the menu really was offering but the big thick black hair in my wife's steamed muscles and clams was just a little much. We advised the waitress of our displeasure and she was clearly mortified, the management not so much they provided a paltry 15% discount for this additive. Unfortunately this left us with having to demonstrate our displeasure by leaving the waitress a pretty paltry tip which is unfortunate for her as she was the best part of the whole experience.

The sign outside says under new management but I would suggest that if the offering continues to be this bad by next year this place will be boarded up or under new management again.

We clearly won't be back and will not be advising anyone to go near the place.

Visited October 2013
SE Minnesota
“Better seafood places”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We went in as they advertised oysters for $1 each (minimum order of 12). The oysters were OK, but they served them with no crackers. When I asked for some, they had none. My wife had fish and chips------they were also just OK, but for $20 you expect something better.

• Visited September 2013
Flat land
“Avoid-- the food and the rip off!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Greasy battered halibut and cod only made worse by receipt of bill with 10 dollars of service charge added , and gratuities were not included.

This is the first time we have seen this in Canada.

This is a trick applied in London at times and all restaurants and customers need to be reminded that service charge is OPTIONAL.

Upon request the bill was re-issued and the service charge was removed.

• Visited September 2013