Hotel Zed
US$209
US$273
  • Pool
US$211
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$171
Hotel Rialto(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$155
US$237
The Oswego Hotel(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$222
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsping pongvw bushot tubfun hotelrotary phonerecord playerfree bikesretro themecomic bookfunky hotelsweet suitevw campervinyl recordsbike rentalsshuttle downtownruby restaurantmall across the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We happened upon Hotel Zed while researching Victoria on the COHO ferry website (between Port Angeles and Victoria) and are glad we gave it a chance! All of your basic needs and comforts are taken care of, but done with a retro style that’s vibrant and cheerful. You’ve got to love colors after living in the Pacific Northwest for a while! In the lounge a real record player and typewriters are available, and we enjoyed the novelty of traveling back in time by using them. The room’s rotary dial phone and alarm clocks gave us the same nostalgia for a bygone era. We also loved the bikes and enjoyed our bike ride on the Galloping Goose trail- highly suggest carving a bit of time out of your stay to bike around or shorten your walking time to downtown by riding in style. It opened in early May so we saw a game room and other features in progress.
Dana and Thom at the front desk were so friendly and helpful and really made us feel welcome. We had a great anniversary weekend in Victoria and look forward to returning when their VW bus is used as a shuttle!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DreamOcean
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Thought the hotel was funky and was impressed with how clean it was. Beds are comfortable. Bathrooms are clean, but not very luxurious. Was a happy camper until the construction started at 7:30 in the morning. It's loud - trucks, saws, metal bouncing off concrete. I thought it might be limited to a short time but a call to the front desk has informed me it'll be all day. Would have been nice to know this last night. Oh and the cleaning staff have a radio playing right outside our room door and have been talking loudly for the past 45 minutes. Do not stay here if you want to sleep!

• Stayed: June 2014
hotelzed, General Manager at Hotel Zed, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Tasmin R

I am sorry to hear the construction noise affected you. We are doing our best to limit noise disturbances prior to 10am and to end by 4pm. Luckily we are down to our last week or so of construction. I do apologize for the staff talking loudly but am pleased you enjoyed the Hotel Zed concept! We are very excited to be finishing up our renovations in the next week or 2 and everyone can enjoy the full experience!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at hotel ZED! Super friendly and helpful stuff. Super mattrasses and pilows. Clean and comfy by all means.Great location, 1min walk to Mayfair mall,10mins to Uptown shopping centre and Wallmart and 30 mins to the lovely downtown. Free bike rides and a grand variety of free coffees and tea. Cheerful colors everywhere at the newly renovated hotel.Cozy ambiance at the lobby.We left hotel ZED with the best impressions. Highly recommend to everybody!

Room Tip: We had all we needed! Thank you guys-great job! :)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The staff were super friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean with very fun decor!
I really loved that you can sign out a bicycle complete with helmet and lock to explore the city on!
All in all a great experience and I would go back!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back of the hotel are further from Douglas street and quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
hotelzed, General Manager at Hotel Zed, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear TCon_68

Thanks for choosing to stay at Hotel Zed. We appreciate your feedback as we complete our renovation. We do apologize for the construction noise and I am sorry you were mislead to believe it would be painting only. Luckily we will be done very soon.
Thank you for mentioning the storage space for clothing. The filing cabinet is indeed meant to act as a dresser, a fun twist to otherwise boring hotel dresser! We will be adding a place to hang clothes in those rooms very soon.
We will definitely look into the inconsistency of the housekeeping service you experienced. It is definitely not the norm here at Hotel Zed.
I hope you will come back and try us again soon. We believe we have a great hotel and would love to prove to you how great we can be!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

When I booked this room, I was not told renovations were being done and that the pool was not available during the day. they put me in the back right beside where there is banging drilling and sawing going on all day. I had a strange Man unlock and enter my room. There is no coffee or tea pot in the room. This is my holiday and it is being ruined. I was so tired from driving here today and have gotten no rest because of the noise. Can't wait to leave. Thanks for nothing. No discount was offered and I am paying 100.00 a day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judyva2

Dear Judyva2

I am sorry you were not told about the construction upon check in. We are doing our very best to minimize any noise, avoiding early mornings and evenings. As our new waterslide and hotub are being installed, we unfortunately have to shutdown our pool during the day time hours. A wide variety of coffees and teas are available in our brand new lobby, far exceeding what we could offer in room. I would love for you to offer us a second chance to prove what a fabulous place Hotel Zed is to stay. Please contact me directly to discuss further.

cknight@hotelzed.com