I stayed at Hotel Zed while in town for a wedding. I used to live in Victoria and remember the not-so-great motel that was formerly at this location. The concept of Hotel Zed is awesome - funky, retro, hipster and oh-so-Victoria, but the execution didn't quite pan out. The rooms have all been redecorated but weren't gutted during the renos, which means the gross old hotel smell still lingers and the showers are very dated. The rooms don't have air-con and only a very tiny part actually opens so when it's hot, it's very hot and the heat makes the smell worse. Luckily in Victoria this is not an issue most of the time. Pool was nice - looked like work was being done on a hot-tub area. Overall, it's a cheap hotel for Vic, but still slightly overpriced for what you actually get. Located slightly out of downtown, but not super inconvenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a ridiculously fun & eclectic hip hotel in Victoria BC that is so completely awesome your mind will be blown! Ok, slight exaggeration, but we swear it's like nothing you've ever seen before: '67 VW shuttle, typewriter station, vinyl listening station, pool & waterslide, ping pong lounge and comic books in the bathroom ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Zed reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Ridge Hotel Victoria
- Blue Ridge Motel
- Hotel Zed Victoria, Vancouver Island