“A little jewel of a place”
Review of Paul's Motor Inn

Paul's Motor Inn
Ranked #40 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Northern Virginia
“A little jewel of a place”
Reviewed 16 June 2005

Found this motel when I found Trip Advisor. It was perfect. We were on a low budget trip to BC and this fit the bill. Very nice employees.

The room was clean and had everything we wanted. As a plus for me and my hot flashes there was a ceiling fan and a table fan - heaven!

It is not in the hub of the tourist zone but not far and we don't mind walking so we parked the car and went. A White Spot is across the street and they have their own bar and coffee shop.

I will definitely stay here again! Ask about their rooms on the hidden courtyards.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank slanger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 May 2005

Stayed at Paul's Motor Inn during March Break. Found the staff very friendly, the room very spacious and clean. The price was very affordable and we will definately be repeat customers the next time we are in Victoria.

The Inn is very close to downtown and we felt totally safe wandering around the downtown area, no matter what time of day or night. One morning we were up at 0600 and took a walk thru Chinatown and then on to the main business section. Was a great time of day to see the buildings etc. In the evenings we did a little clubbing and felt totally safe walking back.

All in all, was a great place to stay on a budget!!

• Stayed March 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Here and There
Reviewed 29 April 2005

We had to go to Victoria for some major dental work for my wife. We stayed at Paul's mainly because of the price ($49 Seniors Rate). The hotel was very clean and inviting. After the surgery I had to leave my wife alone in the room for an hour while I went for another prescription for pain medication. The chambermaid noticed me leaving and came to the room twice to check on my wife while I was gone. She got hungry at 9:00 PM and after a call to the cafe, they made her up a special plate of soft scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes, something that was not on the menu and not served outside of breakfast.

This kind of personal attention cannot be bought and we thank Paul's and especially their staff very much!

• Stayed April 2004, travelled on business
7 Thank CRHereandThere
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 March 2005

It's a simple, cheap motel, right downtown, with an onsite 24-hour restaurant, and that's all I look for in a motel, as I don't especially like to spend much time in hotel rooms on vacation - I just want to sleep and shower there and get on with my adventures. The location was excellent for my purposes - I was able to walk to Chinatown and the Harbour in a few minutes, and also caught buses right outside so I was able to get around the city quite easily without having to rent a car. It's also right across the street from a White Spot, which is nice.

Overall, I was perfectly happy with my stay at Paul's in the summer of 2004, and will probably stay there again next time I'm in Victoria. I recommend booking through Expedia or similar, as they have excellent deals.

• Stayed July 2004