“The best fast food in Victoria”

La Fogata Latina Restaurants
Ranked #309 of 1,196 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Our first mission is bringing to Vancouver Island, British Columbia the Colombian, Mexican, Central, and South America savors with our different dishes. Some seats availables, run by a Colombian family. Some items of the menu: - Gluten-Free Corn tortilla 'Arepa' (Cheese-Beef-Pork-Chicken-Veggie-Chorizo-Eggs). From Colombia and Venezuela. - Empanadas (Cheese-Beef-Chicken). - Plantain 'Patacon' (Beef-Pork-Chicken). Hot Dogs 'Perro Caliente' (Colombian-Mexican-Guacamole). - Cassava Stick 'Yuca'. - Sandwich (Cuban-Pork-Chicken). - Flour tortillas 'Flautas' (Cheese, Beef, Potatoes). - Grilled Corn 'Mazorca' (Beef-Pork-Chicken-Cheese). Very reasonably priced. You gotta eat here!
Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best fast food in Victoria”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Wow....The new sandwiches are awesome full loaded with meat. They added a large selection of poutines with toppings like beef, chorizo, chicken, bacon + onion or the traditional one loaded with cheese. In general La Fogata upgraded the menu with new items in addition to the already popular arepas, empanadas and hot dogs.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank John J

Victoria, Canada
“Sadly dissappointed. It's not the same as before”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We go there often and have told many people about this place who also now go there but recently went since new owners and lots has changed. The arepas were greasy and much less filling in them and noticed price was more?!! Also dissappointed the garlic sauce they use tasted much different. Overall we were disappointed. Hopefully they get this feedback from others too and go back to how things used to be.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank VidaI
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious arepas”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was there looking for a Colombian restaurant. Got disappointed at first as the place is very small, but I am so glad I decided to stay. The meals are tasty, appetizing, yummy. It was a delightful experience. I had Arepas with meat and Guava juice. The owner was making empanadas so I got some home and my entire family enjoyed them.
Do not park on the curb or you can get a ticket. There is a parking lot a few steps from there and the owner told me they have one hour free parking.
I'm looking forward to my next visit to try the plantain and colombian hot dogs.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank German539
Arusha, Tanzania
“Awesome Arepas”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Dropped by La Fogata late at night after a terrible dinner experience at a very expensive restaurant called "Cafe Brio" ... boy were we glad to see the happy faces behind the counter and be invited in by the aromas of food.

Food - we all had Arepas with Chicken, delicious and so cheap! Very awesome! Really authentic Colombian too. It is cooked in front of you on a small pan & griddle, so it reminded me alot of the Areperias I saw in South America.

Ambiance - none. Its a small hole-in-the-wall, just a couple of bar stools in the corners, more of a take-out joint, or grab a quick bite rather than a sit down place.

Service - with a smile and friendly.

This is truly a hidden gem. Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank SafariBwana42
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I came today when their payment processor wasn't working. They told me no problem, come back later & pay. Pardon me?? Not something that happens at typical Canadian restaurants or snack places. Very nice guy running the place, as is the more mature woman working here. It's very small with only bar stool type chairs at a long counter, but still a good place to stop for a quick snack. I ordered an arepa with chicken & iced tea. Total $7. Will definitely come back when I'm in need of a fast snack.

1 Thank satojoko