“A Great Place With Very Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #192 of 1,176 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tre Fantastico offers a beautiful space, great small bites and a selection of local beers & wine. Coffee is a very prominent feature (all roasted at another location a few blocks away) this ties into the "Tre" concept of focusing on three drinks.Situated right across the street from the historic St Ann's Academy in the newly developed Parkside Victoria Resort & Spa, this location is a stones throw from the heart of downtown Victoria and Beacon Hill Park.
Hawaii
“A Great Place With Very Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

We were fortunate enough to be staying at the Parkside Victoria and discovered Tre Fantastico (in the same building) on our first night there. We had just arrived and wanted a bite to eat. We went in and were pleased to see that their menu was actually pretty good with diverse offerings. I had a veggie sandwich, and the husband had a grilled chicken sandwich that was absolutely delicious. And, the prices were very reasonable. In fact, they were a great deal. We actually enjoyed the food at Tre Fantastico even more than some of the more expensive places we ate at around town. We were pleased with the quality of food at Tre Fantastico. We came back again and again during our stay. I had a penne pasta dish that was very good, and the hubby ordered another sandwich that he also enjoyed. I was trying to control myself, but, eventually could hold out no longer -- I had to sample a slice of that gigantic chocolate cake that kept calling me through their display case. The cake slice was huge, and I savored every bite of the dark chocolate cake. The hubby, thanks to some quick fork-action, was even able to grab a couple of bites of the cake in between my enjoyment of it. We were happy to have found this place, and, even if we were staying elsewhere, would come back to Tre Fantastico just to partake of the good food. We're not much of coffee or alcohol drinkers, so I can't speak to the drinks, but, if the food is an indication, I think this place probably offered great drinks, too.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank aloha056

Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent local coffee, beer and wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

Tre Fantastico is a great place to sit and enjoy top notch locally roasted coffee, local microbrewed beer and local wine. The decor is funky and modern yet soothing and beautiful local art is displayed. I happened to meet the owner when I was last in and chatted about his locally-sourced approach. He's a super nice guy who built the business up from scratch. I really enjoyed the beer he recommended and look forward to my next visit. It's just a few minutes walk from the core of downtown - I highly recommend stopping by for a coffee or a class of beer / wine.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Explorasi
canada
“Great Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

We had breakfast here one morning, because it was so handy to where we were staying(Parkside Victoria resort and Spa). Small but very good menu and good tea too! Very busy place, popular for their coffees and pastries. The afternoon/evening menu looked really good. Fresh, local Spot Prawns were on the menu!

Visited May 2012
Vancouver Island, Canada
“And I haven't even tried a coffee yet . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Being a single gal in Victoria I am always looking for comfortable and esthetically pleasing spots for a small bite and glass of wine. Tre Fantastico in Parkside is between home and work and each morning I would see people waiting for their coffee as I walked by. Heading home one evening I saw some people enjoying a beverage and noticed again how nice it looked, with some lovely art hanging on the wall. I went in and much to my pleasure, found a great bistro inspired menu as well as coffee. And the good food comes out of one of the smallest kitchens I've ever seen - it's hilarious. A little charcuterie or some pasta or the daily special is a perfect meal, paired with some interesting wines by the glass. And the best part - the chocolate mousse - I still have to walk the rest of the way home so it's ok! It is a beautiful space with natural light and is situated across the street from historic St Ann's Academy which is lovely to look at. I usually bring a magazine or read the paper with dinner. Service is always attentive - tres fantastic.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank jandwarmstrong
Toronto, Canada
“excellent cafe & breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

love their cafe as well as their breakfast. We love our Starbucks however this place is more convenient, we had our cafe & breakfast here before we start our day. Service was great especially I am too picky with how my latte is done.

Visited August 2011