“A five star breakfast by far”
Review of Fairholme Manor

Fairholme Manor
Ranked #4 of 93 Victoria B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“A five star breakfast by far”
Reviewed 11 October 2006

A quaint bed and breakfast outside Victoria. My husband and I decided to pick a bed and breakfast after staying in a commercial hotel in Vancouver. It is tucked away in an upscale neighborhood up the hill from the city center of Victoria. We wanted one of the bigger suites upstairs, however, they were unavailable for the night we stayed. Instead we booked the new room just renovated in the first floor of the house. Great care was taken in the installment of a new "restoration hardware" bathroom and oversized tub. The room was small but well designed with a comfy bed. Overall it was very quaint and comfy. My only criticism would be some way to make tea in your room instead of having to use the coffee pot (which we all know makes coffee-scented tea). The breakfast was the most amazing breakfast I have ever had at any hotel or bed and breakfast. It began with great coffee and orange juice. A selection of homemade granola, yogurt, fresh fruit and sweet breads. It finished with a gourment frittata, toast and turkey sausage. The hostesses were helpful and friendly.

Stayed October 2006
1 Thank havenjo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 15 September 2006

We enjoyed the friendly hospitality and didn't want to leave for our next B&B. We celebrated our 25th anniversary in the Penthouse Suite, which was gorgeous and very comfortably appointed. The grounds were an oasis among a dry Victoria, all green with ripe pears and apples to be enjoyed. We loved visiting with our hostess Sylvia, cook Sunny and guests from the states and abroad; baked Brie and enjoyed the tub and great relaxing attitude. The wireless internet was an unexpected bonus. A tough act to follow for any other B&B. Certainly number 1 in my book.

Stayed September 2006
1 Thank hphrgw
NC
Reviewed 21 August 2006

You will love Sylvia, the owner & esp. love their gourmet breakfast. It was a gourmand feast. The rooms are beautiful & great beds. LOVED it.

• Liked — The hostess & food
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Windsor, CA
Reviewed 13 August 2006

The proprietors:

I have nothing but words of praise for Sylvia and Ross of Fairholme Manor. We arrived late but had no problem finding our room key and lovely note from Sylvia waiting for us. After unloading the car we decided to run off to grab a bit to eat and Sylvia’s husband Ross met us on our way out. Ross politely introduced his self as we explained that were off eat at one of the recommenced restaurants listed in their brochure. Ross told us that Sylvia had taken her staff out to dinner but had called to tell him that there had been a power outage in certain parts of town. Ross wiped out his cell phone and called the restaurant to make sure they were open. As it turned out they were closed due to the power outage. Ross then gave us another suggestion and directions on how to get their. Wow! What service we received right there in the driveway. It gets better, during our wonderful stay Sylvia went out or her way to make and in one case cancel reservations for us. She gave us some fantastic recommendations on where to dine and or where not to go. I have stayed in several B&B over the years but this was the first time I had ever received such wonderful service. There is no doubt that Sylvia puts her customers first and foremost. Her staff was also a delight, very charming and helpful from those cooking to serving breakfast to those maintaining the rooms. You are the kind of people I’d welcome into my own home.

The home & grounds:

We spend three delightful evenings in the ever so romantic Fairholme Grand Suite. The photos on their website don’t come close to displaying the warmth and beauty of this room or its comforts. The décor is fabulous, the creams, greens and gold blend well with the warm tones of their hardwood floor and rugs. I found myself melt away in the feather bead and to awaken refreshed and ready to go each morning. The huge….and I do mean huge jetted tub is to die for. A nice long soak with a glass of wine was the perfect way to unwind after a busy day of sightseeing. The double shower…..perfect; I like it hot he likes it cool...we both got what we wanted. The grounds, breathtakingly beautiful! After we arrived I spent the first 20 minutes taking photos of the gardens. It’s a romantic setting, perfect for a garden wedding or just kicking back to relax in the beauty. All this and you got the quiet….I’m a light sleeper and awaken easily….I happy to say I never heard a thing even though our room was on the first floor near the entry.

The breakfast:

Saying it was outrageously good would be and understatement. Everything from the orange juice to the fruit, to the muffins, to coffee was as fresh and delicious as you could possibly get. I was blown away by the abundance of food we received each morning. On top of the fresh fruit, cereals, muffin/breads the chef prepared an amazing breakfast each morning. We were so satisfied with breakfast that we didn’t need to stop for lunch. Hats off to the chef and service staff....everything was superb!

To Sylvia, Ross and staff….we are by no means considered to be wealthy or affluent but you made us feel like we were. Your B & B might be priced a bit more that others but the experience was worth every cent and more. Can’t wait till we return…..yes, you bet we will.

Rochell & Edward Letasi
Windsor, CA

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank eletasi
Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2006

Very beautiful B & B with magnificent gardens. Nice room, decorated tastefully and comfortably. Wonderful breakfast and charming hostess. The gardens of the B&B are worth the trip alone.

1 Thank chrisdat
London
Reviewed 21 July 2006

The Fairholme is a fabulous B&B - incredibly welcoming and Sylvia is so helpful. We stayed in the Olympic Grand Suite which is just wonderful. The perfect place to stay in Victoria.

• Liked — Beautiful house
  • Disliked — we liked everything
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Jordan, UT
Reviewed 12 July 2006

I suppose that the Fairholme Manor probably doesn't need another "Fantastic!" review, there are already so many, but it was so wonderful that I have to add my 2 cents . My husband and I stayed in the Fairholme Grand Suite over Memorial Day weekend to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. Our suite was much, much bigger than I expected and the attention to detail was amazing. Fresh flowers in the bedroom and bath, logs for burning in the fireplace, super soft linens and towels, wine and wine glasses, bottled water, comfortable robes, chocolates on your pillow at night. We enjoyed the wood burning fireplace and the giant jetted tub. It was soooooo romantic! Definately worth every penny! Our hostess was warm and very helpful. My husband and I love to visit bed and breakfasts but Fairholme Manor is the most beautifult one we have stayed at.

• Stayed May 2006