I recently stayed at the hotel for a week with my family.
First off, the hotel is clean and well maintained. The rooms are great for long term stays.
I used the weight room and pool often during my stay and really enjoyed it. The complimentary movie theatre was a nice feature that our family enjoyed as well.
A few things i have issues with:
-The master bedroom doesn't have a door separating the sleeping area from the washroom. Unfortunately for us, we like privacy when we have a bowel movement. Even during the night when we have to relieve ourselves our bedroom-washroom is rendered useless.
- The washrooms do not have fans. Not that big of a deal, but its nice to have a fan to drown out the noise being made in the washroom as well as get rid of the stink created during/after you are done your business. Since the kitchen is located immediately outside of the common washroom, it makes you want to refrain from relieving yourself while people are around that area.
- The under ground parking is a nice feature for the hotel. Unfortunately, it is $15/day +hst extra for a parking stall. Kind of annoying when guests at a hotel have to pay for parking, and according to the front desk employee, the staff even has to pay for parking.
- While on the parking note, the second group of people that came with us had an oversized vehicle. (Too large for the underground parking). When asked what we should do about it, we were directed to a parking-lot that was located 4 blocks away.
That wasn't so much a problem, the problem was the fact that we could only purchase 12 hours of parking in advance from the time you purchase the ticket. So if you decided to update your parking after dinner (about 7pm), you would have to ensure you are there to update it again at 7am. It wasn't until a few days later that we found out from the front desk that we could purchase 2 X 12 hour tickets and be good for 24 hours.
- Lastly, The second last night we were at the hotel, we had a large issue with the staff.
After a nice evening swim, about 10-15 minutes before the facility closed we had an incident that left a foul taste in our mouth.
A teenage girl who is part of our family was showering off in the change room after her swim, while a mid twenty year old male entered and began folding/replacing towels in the change room. When asked "why the hell don't you close the washroom off while YOU are in the female change room/ ask if anyone is in the change room / wait until the pool is closed to do the damn towel folding" he responded " I do what i'm told" or something similar to those words. This response wasn't to our liking. The under age female was already in the shower when the discovery of the man was made. Fortunately the other family members who entered the washroom shortly after were the ones to confront the male. Upon speaking with night staff supervisor, we were informed that the towel boy had to complete his job before his shift ended (i guess at 10pm). The supervisor wasn't very welcoming of the criticism to say the least. He was extremely arrogant and dismissive of our complaint. For no reason at all should a male be inside the females change room during operating hours without any warning. Since this response wasn't to our liking as well, we were told that the supervisor would contact management the following day to get back to us. Nothing progressed from that.
All in all, we had an enjoyable stay. A few things could be done to make the experience more appealing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa features some of the largest guest rooms in Victoria. Convenient located two blocks from the world famous Inner Harbour, Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre and the Victoria Conference Centre, The Parkside Hotel & Spa is the ideal choice whether you're traveling on business or pleasure. The Parkside's spacious one and two bedroom suites feature kitchenettes or full kitchens, separate living/dining areas, and bedrooms. All suites have furnished balconies and operable windows. Enjoy LCD TV's in bedrooms and living areas, electric fireplaces to create cozy ambiance and heated limestone tile bathroom floors. Enjoy local flavours, ingredients and produce at Tre Fantastico - the on-site cafe, a local favourite, with seating spilling out onto the Humboldt Valley streetscape. Complimentary wifi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Parkside Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkside Victoria Hotel Victoria
- Parkside Victoria Resort And Spa
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa Victoria, Vancouver Island