Thoroughly recommend the Parkside for location,comfort, amenities, service, cost and layout.
We were really disappointed that we could only stay 1 night - the last night of our trip!
The rooms in this hotel are extremely comfortable & well designed. As a family (2 adults, 1 teenager) we loved that the master bedroom (king bed) could be closed off from the living/queen sofa bed area. Fully equiped kitchen, gas fires in both rooms, two flat screen tvs and a balcony! The bathroom was smallish but stylish, clean and well stocked.
The internal layout of the hotel with water features, art, furniture and expansive windows are stunning although you don't expect this when approaching from outside. From a distance it looks just like any other apartment style hotel.
The service was without fault - both reception and cleaning staff were welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful.
The cafe provides great breakfast food and service at very reasonable prices.
I would rate the Parkside as 5 star compared with many other 4 star hotels we encountered. Free wireless internet in rooms and free use of the business centre - an absolute bonus considering this is not widely offered in Canada.
Fantastic! We'll be back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa features some of the largest guest rooms in Victoria. Convenient located two blocks from the world famous Inner Harbour, Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre and the Victoria Conference Centre, The Parkside Hotel & Spa is the ideal choice whether you're traveling on business or pleasure. The Parkside's spacious one and two bedroom suites feature kitchenettes or full kitchens, separate living/dining areas, and bedrooms. All suites have furnished balconies and operable windows. Enjoy LCD TV's in bedrooms and living areas, electric fireplaces to create cozy ambiance and heated limestone tile bathroom floors. Enjoy local flavours, ingredients and produce at Tre Fantastico - the on-site cafe, a local favourite, with seating spilling out onto the Humboldt Valley streetscape. Complimentary wifi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and TravelUp so you can book your The Parkside Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkside Victoria Resort And Spa
- Parkside Victoria Hotel Victoria
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa Victoria, Vancouver Island