This was our second stay at Parkside in Victoria. Both times have been enjoyable and the facilities have been top-notch. The location is great as it is only a couple blocks from the main downtown shopping district and inner harbour. We grabbed morning coffees and pastries from the in-house restaurant which were good - the only 'complaint' would be that they don't have a menu board on the wall indicating the prices of the coffees and pastries. Our room (single bedroom) was pretty tight but not uncomfortable. We took advantage of the pull-out couch and when it was pulled out, it was hard to move around the sitting area. Otherwise, the room was great. The pool was great and our oldest daughter spent a few hours in it during our stay. However, apparently someone had pressed the 'emergency' stop button on the hot tub which causes the jets to stop functioning. It sat in this state for several hours and the chemical levels in the hot tub exceeded recommended limits - the pool maintenance fellow advised that we shower off immediately after we were sitting in it. Some process/system should be implemented that notifies staff whenever this button has been pressed so that they could immediately assess any problems or reset the circulation. The in-suite washer/dryer was extremely helpful as we were traveling with an infant. However, the dryer function was either not working or was extremely poor. After drying for over 80 minutes, the half-load of infant clothing was still very wet. The cleaning staff member who showed up at our door was very gracious after he couldn't find a problem and took our wet clothes to the building facilities and dried them for us - great service!!
We will be back - we visit Victoria yearly and Parkside is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa features some of the largest guest rooms in Victoria. Convenient located two blocks from the world famous Inner Harbour, Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre and the Victoria Conference Centre, The Parkside Hotel & Spa is the ideal choice whether you're traveling on business or pleasure. The Parkside's spacious one and two bedroom suites feature kitchenettes or full kitchens, separate living/dining areas, and bedrooms. All suites have furnished balconies and operable windows. Enjoy LCD TV's in bedrooms and living areas, electric fireplaces to create cozy ambiance and heated limestone tile bathroom floors. Enjoy local flavours, ingredients and produce at Tre Fantastico - the on-site cafe, a local favourite, with seating spilling out onto the Humboldt Valley streetscape. Complimentary wifi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Parkside Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkside Victoria Resort And Spa
- Parkside Victoria Hotel Victoria
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa Victoria, Vancouver Island