We had a lovely small suite on the 6th floor of the A building, right next to the roofside garden. The suite included a well appointed gallery kitchen, small dining table and chairs, couch in front of an upscale looking electric fireplace, glass from floor to ceiling for maximum views. There is a separate bedroom with double French doors to living area and a separate small concrete balcony, a rather small but elegant bathroom, a bedroom fireplace, and a large walk-in closet. Alll appointments are very upscale looking - chrome, granite, linens, etc. But we were surprised at 3 things: the walls are very thin, sitting in the bathroom I could easily hear everything the folks in the next unit were saying, which means they could hear me in the bathroom! The bathroom is so small there are NO towel racks; we had to hang them in the walk-in closet. The fireplaces which I thought were gas; when we flipped the switch, we discovered it was an electric image of flames projected behind a paper screen....not sure they should have bothered to have these when the effect is so fake. A lot of these units are time-shares. OK to stay there for an overnight, but I wouldnt want to spend the money they ask for a time share stay. Small bistro at street level has limited but excellent food; try their unusual breakfast choices! One other thing: the roaming lobby was trying to be elegant modern, but most of the palm trees and a lot of the foilage they planted in the glass wallled area were dead. Also noticed the desk receptionists were wearing jackets way too large for them.. This may sound silly, but its the little things that denote excellence in performance and appearance. Overall I felt like this hotel was trying for the exquisite upscale ambience, but had a few shortfalls. Still an excellent convenient location, and compared to what I felt were very expensive and a bit worn lodgings at other hotels I investigated, this is still a REALLY good choice -comfortable, pleasing, convenient location with kitchen facilities should you wish to save money by making your own meals. Also they do have a pool and spa, which we didnt have time to use. Parking is $15 / day CAD. Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa features some of the largest guest rooms in Victoria. Convenient located two blocks from the world famous Inner Harbour, Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre and the Victoria Conference Centre, The Parkside Hotel & Spa is the ideal choice whether you're traveling on business or pleasure. The Parkside's spacious one and two bedroom suites feature kitchenettes or full kitchens, separate living/dining areas, and bedrooms. All suites have furnished balconies and operable windows. Enjoy LCD TV's in bedrooms and living areas, electric fireplaces to create cozy ambiance and heated limestone tile bathroom floors. Enjoy local flavours, ingredients and produce at Tre Fantastico - the on-site cafe, a local favourite, with seating spilling out onto the Humboldt Valley streetscape. Complimentary wifi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Parkside Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkside Victoria Hotel Victoria
- Parkside Victoria Resort And Spa
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa Victoria, Vancouver Island