I booked this hotel almost two months ago for my dear friends' 40th birthday celebration. We are all residents of Victoria and wanted to try this hotel as it seemed to fit our needs socially and environmentally. Upon arriving, I was greeted unpleasantly and only asked for ID and a credit card which I already provided to secure the room. My friends joined me and there was no offer to help my friend unload her car (she had to find a trolley herself and unload while staff looked on) and was told to immediately move the car as it was blocking the drive (there were NO other guests or cars in sight). We hadn't even been given the parking code yet...
The room was filthy - beer bottles and previously opened chip bags in the cupboards, stains on the bedroom carpets, dust and childrens' toys under the furniture and on the baseboards, stickers and finger prints on the glass surround on the patio and no fans in the washrooms. We were told the room was "ready" when we checked in. We did check in early, but called the day before and the day before that to ask if that would work for them. We had various responses from different staff.
The only staff that were open and friendly were at Aquaterre Spa. I would recommend the spa fully, but not the hotel portion of this resort. To the staff at Parkside, please have a look at what "hospitality" means in the dictionary. It is the industry that you are in and your guests should be treated in that fashion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa features some of the largest guest rooms in Victoria. Convenient located two blocks from the world famous Inner Harbour, Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre and the Victoria Conference Centre, The Parkside Hotel & Spa is the ideal choice whether you're traveling on business or pleasure. The Parkside's spacious one and two bedroom suites feature kitchenettes or full kitchens, separate living/dining areas, and bedrooms. All suites have furnished balconies and operable windows. Enjoy LCD TV's in bedrooms and living areas, electric fireplaces to create cozy ambiance and heated limestone tile bathroom floors. Enjoy local flavours, ingredients and produce at Tre Fantastico - the on-site cafe, a local favourite, with seating spilling out onto the Humboldt Valley streetscape. Complimentary wifi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Parkside Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkside Victoria Resort And Spa
- Parkside Victoria Hotel Victoria
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa Victoria, Vancouver Island