I recently had 2 2-bedroom suites at the Parkview for a long weekend trip for a bachelorette party. The suites were HUGE, with plenty of room for the 4 people staying in each (and we could have fit more, with the fold-out sofas). Both suites had balconies, modern finishes like granite and nice fixtures, and plenty of space. The bathrooms were a little odd though. We had 1 normal bathroom with a shower and toilet, but the 2nd bathroom in the master had only a modern tub and toilet with no door. As in, if anyone else was in the bedroom, there was zero privacy in the master bath. Minor, but weird. Beds were VERY comfortable (and big!).
The lobby/atrium is just beautiful, with water fixtures and foliage and tons of windows and super high ceilings. I haven't seen anything quite like it. It gave the hotel a very high-end and special feel. There's a large pool and hottub, beautifully tiled. There's also a small restaurant/bar/coffee shop in the lobby, which we LOVED. Their food was great, their coffee was great, and their wine/cocktails were great. I would go there even if I wasn't staying at the hotel. And Wiley, the bartender, gave fantastic recommendations for restaurants to visit and even specific cocktails (Veneto for A.MA.ZING cocktails, food, and service; Zambri's for cocktails and Italian).
Location is great, just a short walk from the downtown/harbor areas. We walked from the Victoria Clipper easily (although our bags did get a little heavy). Rates were reasonable for the number of people in our group. I would definitely stay here again, even with the odd bathrooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa features some of the largest guest rooms in Victoria. Convenient located two blocks from the world famous Inner Harbour, Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre and the Victoria Conference Centre, The Parkside Hotel & Spa is the ideal choice whether you're traveling on business or pleasure. The Parkside's spacious one and two bedroom suites feature kitchenettes or full kitchens, separate living/dining areas, and bedrooms. All suites have furnished balconies and operable windows. Enjoy LCD TV's in bedrooms and living areas, electric fireplaces to create cozy ambiance and heated limestone tile bathroom floors. Enjoy local flavours, ingredients and produce at Tre Fantastico - the on-site cafe, a local favourite, with seating spilling out onto the Humboldt Valley streetscape. Complimentary wifi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Parkside Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkside Victoria Hotel Victoria
- Parkside Victoria Resort And Spa
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa Victoria, Vancouver Island