I've stayed at the Parkside resort twice now, with slightly mixed results but overall the quality of the room beats out any inconvenience.
First stay was in Oct 2012, stayed for an anniversary date with my husband. Front desk clerk was slightly snooty, but not rude or anything. Power went out for over an hour the next morning, for which it would have been nice to have recognition for the inconvenience - I think having the parking charge removed would have been nice, but no offer was made.
Second stay was April 2013 the night before the TC10k race, and my experience was better. Hotel is very close to the starting line for most major Victoria road races, and a significant number of entrants stay at this hotel. Watching the people streaming out of the hotel in spandex (and being one of them!) was very amusing.
Pros: Beautifully appointed, luxury rooms. Top class bedding, full closet, full highboy dresser. Balcony on most rooms! FULL kitchen, full living room with large-screen TV and gas fireplace, couch and armchair. Bedroom can be closed off from the living room. Small dinette table. Amusing view of tower next door - that may be a con for you. :) Excellent location in very safe neighborhood of Victoria. Within walking distance of all major parts of downtown, without being subjected to the noise of the friday night bar scene or the vagrants.
Cons: Parking charge is quite steep at $18/day. Slightly noisy aircon units located just off the central driveway/roundabout. No a/c in the rooms, but Victoria really doesn't get that hot. Staff can be a bit snooty, especially if you present a secondary booking confirmation (hotwire, priceline etc)....
Bottom line: I cancelled another hotel reservation and jumped on a Hotwire booking to get this at only $20 more per night than another local 2.5 star. Whenever I stay overnight in Victoria, I look for the Parkside first, every single time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa features some of the largest guest rooms in Victoria. Convenient located two blocks from the world famous Inner Harbour, Tourism Victoria Visitor Centre and the Victoria Conference Centre, The Parkside Hotel & Spa is the ideal choice whether you're traveling on business or pleasure. The Parkside's spacious one and two bedroom suites feature kitchenettes or full kitchens, separate living/dining areas, and bedrooms. All suites have furnished balconies and operable windows. Enjoy LCD TV's in bedrooms and living areas, electric fireplaces to create cozy ambiance and heated limestone tile bathroom floors. Enjoy local flavours, ingredients and produce at Tre Fantastico - the on-site cafe, a local favourite, with seating spilling out onto the Humboldt Valley streetscape. Complimentary wifi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Parkside Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkside Victoria Resort And Spa
- Parkside Victoria Hotel Victoria
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa Victoria, Vancouver Island