The Parkside Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
Abigail's Hotel(Victoria)
Helm's Inn(Victoria)
  • Breakfast included
The Fairmont Empress(Victoria)
2,228 results
All reviewskoi pondwashing machinerooftop gardenfull kitchenluxury suiteliving roombc ferriesbeautiful hotelsoaker tubheated floorshome away from homedowntown victoriawithin walking distanceflat screengreat amenitiesbeacon hill parkcorner suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2010

As someone who managed to grab a deal on this hotel at only $130/night, there isn't much complaining I could do that would be valid.

The hotel is in a great location for walking to the Inner Harbor area and near major arteries for getting around. The rooms are obviously all very new and we always find it nice to travel with a small kitchen and a separate bedroom. There is a nice indoor pool and a cool rooftop patio although we were not able to take advantage of it because of weather.

The service seemed indifferent, we didn't ask for much, and we didn't get much.

As mentioned previously, the airflow in the hotel is awful, I can't imagine staying here in the summer as it sort of has that type of air that you find when you step into your community swimming pool throughout the property. I appreciate the effort to be environmentally responsible but there are some people who this is not going to appeal to.

All in all, I was pretty happy with this property and it did the job nicely for our 3-night stay but it may not live up to the expectations of others.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MUhrblock
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We picked this hotel because it looked luxurious, green and beautiful. Of course, when you see a hotel this nice, it must boast of excellent customer service, right?!

We got there, for our Honeymoon, right after being married, we drove 3 hours to get there.. and when we got there the customer service was so unprofessional right off the bat!
We walked in, and there were two people at the front, a guy and a woman.
The women looks at us, and then at her fellow employee and said " you can take them " and she stood there and fiddled on the computer, she seemed as though she was having a really bad day. Very unfriendly.
So the guy helped us, but seemed as though he was really new on the job and it didn't feel like a 5 star hotel at all. he didn't explain the parking or how to get to our room, or anything. He also didn't explain that on top of the 299.99 we were spending A NIGHT, we would also be paying for 15/ night for parking, that's not including HST. ( we would find that out as we were checking out the last day )

We got up to our room to find it hadn't been cleaned at all. finger prints over everything, dirt and with food like popcorn on the ground..
but that didn't bother us much.
We settled down, and were exhausted by this point.. from getting married, and driving 3 hours to the hotel, so we wanted to order in.. but the front desk said we couldn't order up, and there wasn't food in the hotel either.. so we had to walk to a restaurant.
We got back around 9:30 or 10, and we went to go to bed, and there was banging, like someone running with barefoot on the upper floor.. this went on until about 11:30..

we woke up and the people above were gone, and the rest of the time spent there was fine.. but I wouldn't stay there again, especially for the price. I would way rather stay at a older hotel with much better customer service, like the Marriott, which was down the street.
Also, not a fan that the hotel had NO airflow.. we went the end of September, so it was about 13-15 degrees out.. and it was stuffy! Wouldn't recommend going in summer.

It may boast 5 stars for green, which I think is awesome.. but they could of afforded to shop around for better employees, and make sure the rooms were cleaned before people checking in.
I will say, when we checked out, the girl who checked us out was the only professional and knowledgeable girl we had there. She was blond and very chatty! I would recommend her!

We're not too picky, but I guess when the website boasts of 5 stars, you expect 5 stars!
299.99+ 15+ taxes a night, is a bit too much to pay when you don't receive this!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JSGD09
Reviewed 27 September 2010

A nice RCI timeshare type hotel with spa facilities. The location was perfect for walking up the main streets of Victoria and easy access to Beacon Hill Park for a run or walk. The front staff were a lottle slow but as it's not a hotel first but more of a condo-timeshare it's not a big deal. The rooms were excellent and the beds and linens were very popular with my fellow travelers, kind of like the "Heavenly Beds" at the Westin. The rooms all had kitchens, dining, laundry, livingrooms and small balconies too. My room was on the corner of Hubbard and Blanshard (Hwy 17) so there was quite a bit of traffic noise if I left the windows open. The Spa was reportedly good but only one of our group used it and the fitness room and pool were great. We used the roof top reception room and it was a great spot for up to 20 people to mingle and snack. There is no hotel restaurant or lounge of any kind but you are two blocks from the main streets where there is plenty of great dining and the Cafe Mela across the street has excellent coffee and breakfast/lunch nosh. I'll be back here with my wife for a weekend soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2010

If you are looking for upscale, luxury, city life style of stay. This will be your choice. My husband doesn't like the fact that it decorated like a apartment show home that takes away the feeling of "on a vacation". I personal don't mind.at all. The rooms are clean, comfortable, bed, pillow, kitchen, towel, bath and sundries are all there. Location is central. The only flaw is the air flow. But I support the purpose of not installing any air conditioning is to help the environment. I can use some fresh air from opening the balcony door.
I was there a few times. No complaints. We stayed at their 2 bedrooms suite with family and one bedroom when I travel alone. Rooms are in good size.
They feature Ozone water swimming pool. Pool area is a bit stuffy. Good size pool that you can swim laps.
Good size Fitness center has all the basics, overlooking the swimming pool. New machines.
My kids enjoy the movie theater. There were no popcorn serving as what the front desk staff told us. We brought our own chips instead.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank casper888
Reviewed 25 September 2010

stayed at this hotel for 3 nights i wish i cauld have stayed longer the staff where so help full like a home away from home if there is only one complaint is that in a 2 bed there was 2 big beds would have liked 1 room to have been a twin i i had had my children thay would have had to share a bed

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends