“Molto ameno.”

Add it.
Basilico Ristorante and Lounge
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Based on the recommendation of a friend, a couple of friends and I visited Basilico for a casual lunch.
Formerly a Chinese restaurant (my favourite, in fact), it was interesting to see the change in decor. The new owners have done a wonderful job; simple and tasteful, intimate without being too dark. Very nice looking outdoor patio, too. It was raining today, so we will have to come back to try the patio.
Prices on the lunch menu were very reasonable! Appetizers from $4 to $11, lunch items $9 to $18.
I had a Caesar salad for starters, followed by the Deli Italiano sandwich on toasted foccacia bread. The sandwich was very nicely done indeed, but once again I was let down by a mediocre Caesar. The menu clearly offered crisp pancetta as part of the salad; if there was any in my salad, it certainly wasn't crisp. I didn't actually see any at all. And while Caesar (or any) salads shouldn't be smothered in dressing, mine had almost none. The capers were a nice touch, though, adding a little burst of flavour. to an otherwise-forgettable salad. The sandwich made up for it.
Desserts were all $6. Mine was Tiramisu, and it was wonderfully light. Large portion, too.
Service was excellent. Attentive but not intrusive.
My lunch companions were pleased with their meals, and overall, so was I. I just don't see how difficult it can be for so many restaurants to produce a decent Caesar. That aside, Basilico is definitely on our list of restaurants to visit again.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

I've been here for business lunches during the week and had good soup, salad, pasta, sandwich options. Last Sunday we went in for lunch on the way to the movies, and had a dreadful experience. We didnt realize it was brunch buffet only. The buffet was overcooked and tasteless. The omelette option was also overcooked, dry and tasteless. The potatoes were burnt. The $50 for two people was also tasteless. I am a Chamber of Commerce member in this region, but wont be going back to this place. How could you rip local people off like this ?

1  Thank Ruperto
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Staff party last night...service was perfect...food was AMAZING! Everyone's meal was fantastic! My snapper was cooked perfectly and presentation was great. The homemade chocolate torte was the best I've had. We will be back for sure. There aren't many restaurants in Langford so we need to support them! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

We go for Sunday brunch almost every week, and love it! Fantastic food for a good value. The staff are great and friendly. Love it!

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Nice to find a restaurant that is worth going back to. Our meals were excellent, I had the special lobster pasta made with fresh pasta and my husband had the red snapper. Service was excellent and the prices were very reasonable. We have been there for Sunday brunch also which we also enjoyed. Sure beats the highly rated La Trattoria in Victoria by a mile.

1  Thank BCAdventurerer