“One of the Few Remaining Classic Book Stores - A Must Visit”
Review of Munro's Books

Munro's Books
Ranked #2 of 91 Shopping in Victoria
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped by Munros on our way to Murchies. It is reminiscent of a library from times past. Large dark wood shelves line the walls, and make up the center book stands. It is the kind of book store that I could get lost in easily. They have every genre and topic you can imagine including some very reasonably priced signed first editions for you collectors. if you cannot find something, they will find it for you or order it and ship it to your home. Who needs Amazon? The staff is well informed, and well read. They love to engage you in conversations about authors and writing styles. They will tell that there are no poorly written books in the store. The perception that a book is poorly written likely originates in poor readership. It is worth your time to stop in, and yes it is a privately owed store, so pick something up while you are in there. You won't be disappointed. Then take you book next door the Murchies, and enjoy coffee or tea while browsing the pages of your new treasure.

1  Thank Peter D
in 8 reviews
"tapestries"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Every time I am in Victoria I get lost in this book store for an hour or two. I always buy a great book and some journals or cards. I always love the assistance I get from the friendly staff. This week’s selection was on the art of forest bathing. They always give me a new bookmark too.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I love books and bookstores, so when I passed Munro's on the street and saw its lovely storefront, I had to go in. I was greeted by a unique selection of books, and I ended up buying more than I should have since I flew over from the US. When I checked out, the cashiers were extremely friendly and nice, asking me where I was from, and giving me some bookmarks to go with my books. I absolutely loved the atmosphere and the selection, and I will definitely come back to this store the next time I visit Victoria. I'd recommend this store to anyone who loves to read.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

In one of the oldest and well maintained buildings which makes this book store a landmark well worth visiting. And there is a good selection of books too