Three nights at the Arbutus Inn was a disappointment to say the least. The first morning the toilet was plugged and about to overflow. The best solution from the hotel clerk was to provide a plunger and suggest if that didn't work that he could send the maintenance man later. I felt like I was the "Maintenance Man".
There were hairs from a previous guest in the bathtub when I went to take the first shower during our stay.
The air conditioner besides being noisy could not keep up with the task. After two days with the fan on full and the temperature set on low, we were barely able to cool the room down to 20 degrees Celsius.
While the bed was King size, the room was not. You could only walk sideways to get into bed on the side nearest the window.
On the second day, we left the "Needs service" sign on the door. When we returned near midnight, the sign was still on the door and nothing had been done in the room.
When all of the issues were brought to the clerk's attention on check out, the manager suggested a $10 reimbursement - what a joke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arbutus Inn is located in Victoria, British Columbia and offers 52 guest rooms. All guest rooms are non smoking and have private bath, air conditioning and in room coffee/tea. Free parking and free hotel WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arbutus Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arbutus Hotel Victoria
- Travellers Hotel Victoria
- Travellers Hotel Central
- Arbutus Inn Victoria, Vancouver Island