Arbutus Inn
US$158
US$272
US$247
  • Restaurant
Royal Scot Hotel & Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$154
US$315
US$274
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$270
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Inner Harbour(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$201
Marriott Hotels
Embassy Inn(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$165
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnational car rentalroom was cleannight on the townclose to downtownno elevatorrooms are smallstay there againshort staythe staff was friendly and helpfula great place to stayeasy accessenjoyed our stayconvenient locationlobbylinensdustfurniture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

booked this one based on availability and TA ratings. driving to the address and finding the hotel in behind the truck rental place brought on the thought 'oh oh'. well this was a surprise. maybe because we expected dump and found something very different. ok folks, this is advertised as a 2 star hotel. fair enough. we found our room to be very comfortable and very clean. front desk was very helpful. we couldn't get the air conditioner working during the heat wave - help arrived within seconds - really. turns out the electrical plug was flakey. turns out all the electrical plugs were flakey. we usually plug in our own power bar to charge pads, phones and such, but doing this with the cord behind the bedside table rendered the lamp, the radio, and our power bar inoperable. don't mess with the power. we used the air conditioner continuously - when we experimented with opening windows as the night grew cooler we found the diesel fumes from the rental truck fleet parked below unpleasant. perhaps a room facing douglas st would fix this. ours faced west.
so: would we stay here again. yes. great value and good comfort. we have been regular guests at another hotel close by and were a bit disappointed with our last visit. this was a much better experience. thanks all.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KpjmSunshineCoast
Reviewed 9 July 2014

While visiting Victoria, I stayed two nights at the Arbutus Inn. When I arrived I found it a bit difficult to find the hotel, since it is in the same site as National rental company. I asked at a nearby hotel and they explained to me where it is. The room was reasonably sized. The furniture is a bit dated, but that didn't matter much to me. The room was clean and comfortable enough. Although it faced the busy Douglas street, it wasn't noisy at night and my sleep didn't hurt. The fact that the hotel is not right on the street, but a good distance from it helped, in my opinion.

The hotel doesn't serve breakfast. They have a deal with the ABC restaurant next door and some guests buy a package that includes breakfast. I didn't, but ate at the ABC once. Breakfast was quite good and the price was reasonable. The service was a little slow.

The location of the hotel is convenient if you want to use public transportation to downtown. There's a bus stop next to the ABC restaurant to go downtown, and another across the street, when you are returning. Since it is not at the center of the city (about 30 minutes walk from inner harbor), parking is free.

One flaw. The hotel doesn't have an elevator. Therefore, if you're not on the entrance floor, you may choose to take a small bag to the room.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for rooms on the lobby's floor (I think it is floor 2).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dhz_tlv
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here recently at the Arbutus for 7 month's while working at UVIC. Staff was always accommodating, helpful, and friendly. Any issues or replacement item's needed for my room was promptly taken care of. Bed was comfortable and room quiet. So close to Restaurants and a Mall, I left the car in the parking lot at the Inn most of the time I stayed there. I returned to complete the job at UVIC last month and never had to look farther than the Arbutus. Even though it was June they were able to set me up in the same room I had stayed at earlier. Would recommend this Inn, and stay there again myself in the future. Thanks Claudio and staff. Ken from Fort Langley :) :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chopsLangley
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I just had the unenviable task of finding accommodations for approximately 225 employees to work in Victoria for two weeks during the height of the tourist season.

The management and staff of the Arbutus Inn went far above and beyond to accommodate our needs.

• In an extremely crowded hotel, they were able to squeeze in bookings for some last minute crew members.
• Knowing that we were working nights, management considerately delayed their housekeeping staff so as not to disturb our employees. This was all done at their own expense.
• If there was an issue, management was on top of it as soon as possible.
• Whenever requested, they moved rooms for people if possible.
• They went out of their way to make sure we had parking for all of our vehicles (some of them oversized).

The management and staff were affable, patient and worked so hard for us that I felt I was taking advantage of them. They helped us get through a tremendously difficult work schedule. It was such a popular place with my crew that I had many others asking if I could move them there.

A big thanks to the Arbutus Inn and everyone who works there!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DeJa-Lowe
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This property is currently being remodeled. There are comfortable new beds, new carpets, and other new amenities. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. While the location is a short distance from downtown, it is only a couple of blocks from a major shopping mall. There's a restaurant across the street and other options within a few blocks. Only knock on the place is that the air conditioner hardly put out any cold air, but I assume that will be part of their remodeling process. Will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the third (top) floor. While it's a good sleep not to have anyone thumping on the floor above you, the room is warmer that staying on the first or second floor. Keep that in mind if you travel here during the summer.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rjnjjwa
ArbutusInn, Manager at Arbutus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

The management and staff would like to thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad you had a great stay with us. As for the air conditioner, we are already working to replace them with much more efficient ones. Thank you once again and hopefully will will see you again soon!!