“Nice room, very clean, great service. ”

Capital City Center Hotel
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Don't judge this place by the front facade or the lobby decor, they are both just average. Both the staff and the rooms are above average.

The front desk representative, Adrian and the housekeeping staff went above and beyond to anticipate and fulfill our needs.

Rooms were obviously rehabbed fairly recently. Nice furnishings, good TV and very clean.

I didn't expect much walking in and was very pleased with my experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alantravelreviewa
TTGeneralManager, General Manager at Capital City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

We here at the Capital City Center Hotel would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. The hotel has been recently upgraded and is now working on the exterior. I personally appreciate the positive comments regarding our staff for they are a great bunch of hard working individuals who always try to anticipate our guests needs and requirements. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I had checked into the hotel earlier in the day. The check in attendent was quite friendly and professional. However later in the evening when I retired to my room the desk attendant was rude, antagonistic, Suspicious of our whereabouts, and basically a completely miserable dick. Beware the fat bald guy..

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CarolineCrast

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The Hotel enforces a Quiet Time policy between 11pm and 7am within our guestrooms as well as hallways, stairwells and common areas. To assure that all guest receive a comfortable safe accommodations our staff are required to only allow registered hotel guests access to these areas. While many appreciate our diligence I can understand that you may have felt uncomfortable. If you wish to supply more details please contact me at GM@capitalcitycenterhotel.com

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Perfectly average - clean, affordable, easy to find. Location was in walking distance to downtown and other places we wanted to check out. Staff is friendly and personable. Walls are thin though, we could hear the couple next door.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have seen this hotel go through many changes over the years as well as owners. It has had a lot done to it in the past few months and the rooms are great.The last thing to be done will be the bathtubs so they are still the old color but in nice shape.Its a great location to all downtown Victoria attractions and Has a poolside deck that serves food and drinks during the summer,in the meantime why not enjoy a drink in the lounge with the friendly staff.

Room Tip: I had a King size bed over looking the pool/new beds and could have slept all day/It was snowing and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tiberious555
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have to spend extended periods working in Victoria BC and hate hotels. But I needed a place and booked into this establishment which is located just north of China Town out of the busiest part of the centre from walking distance to all. I have a huge room with new beds, a very large bathroom and shower, and a small kitchenette. They are just completing extensive renovations. The hotel has a small restaurant with above average but inexpensive meals and an intimate bar. There is a fine outdoor pool that closed in October. Parking is ample and free and monitored so secure.
The best part though is the very resourceful and friendly staff. There is a 24 hour presence at the desk and everyone who works there seems to know what is going on. They are helpful and friendly. I have probably stayed here a total of more than 100 nights in the last two years and have never been disappointed.
I highly recommend the hotel as a good value for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on Discovery because of the lighting and they are quieter. I also like the 4th fl...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DrBWG
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I'm loath to call this place 'hotel' as it is more like a bad hostel than has seen better days. This is an awful place. It's dated, dark, cold and very tired. Although some improvements have been made to improve the appearance of the hotel, they are largely cosmetic and, as one critic posted, 'nothing more than lipstick on a pig'. The area around the hotel is not safe as there is a large population of drug users, people with mental illness and homelessness. Parking is free but you run a risk parking in the provided spaces across the street as it is very dark and secluded. Cars have been both damaged and broken into in the hotel's free lot as there is no security nor anyone looking after the lot. The internet connection is very poor and the signal often drops for no reason. The staff that I had interactions with were decent enough people with some consideration for the needs of guests but there were certainty no superstars. The fact is that the hotel needs to be stripped down to the studs and re-built as a boutique property in order to be a viable enterprise. The very little cosmetic changes that were made do nothing to the overall image of the property which is very tired and run down. Save you money and find a better place to stay while in downtown Victoria.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Bmcarthur
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Long story short we had a problem with overbooking our room and we spoke to 3 separate staff members (including the manager of the hotel) regarding this issue. We were told three different things by three different staff regarding solving this one issue.
When we finally contacted the manager of the hotel he yelled at my fiance and was so rude and unhelpful. Because of this issue, the poor management and lack of training of the staff; this hotel ripped us off of over $100.00.

Room Tip: Avoid booking this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kilikina30
Tamara T, General Manager at Capital City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for your review. However I am not sure you have the right hotel. I am the General Manger of the Capital City Center Hotel, and I am not male: nor have I had any situations with over booking since my appointment as manager May 1st, 2013. I would like to invite you to call me and supply more details so I can have the opportunity to tackle any problems with guest services. I can assure you that the staff are hardworking, dedicated and take great pride in their personal interaction with all hotel patrons. Tamara, GM