“Suitable”

Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Mahone Bay, Canada
“Suitable”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed there for ten days this month, it was clean, staff were friendly and helpful, we had a kitchenette suite and it was great! The pool was warm and clean, the service was good. There was a bus stop very close by and downtown was also a 5 min walk away. We will definitely come back! Thank you to all the staff for making our family vacation destination enjoyable!

Room Tip: We had a room on the forth floor, facing the front entrance, the traffic outside was not loud or hea...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Danielle H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The hotel is good and clean, me and my husband had a comfortable stay in here.Just enough for the price we paid.Excellent location to everywhere like downtown victoria it's just 10 mins walk away, even the bus stop going to butchart garden bus 75 & going to BC ferry 70x & 72 is just across the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lily1383
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hotel room is clean, but our air conditioner doesn't seem to cool, as we are out most of the day, I left a message in the room for the air-conditioner to be repaired, that doesn't seem to have happened. Luckily it isn't too hot. The hotel is quite central to Downtown/Harbour. We walked to China town and had dinner there. We actually caught the bus from Vancouver to Victoria and the bus driver kindly dropped us off just across the road from the hotel. Hotel is clean and convenient, would recommend to visitors of Victoria.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank baysidemarg
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had never been to Victoria so knew nothing about locations in the city. We mistakenly thought a hotel that advertised as centrally located would be just that. Don't be misled. It may be in the center of town but also surrounded by vacant buildings and empty store fronts and more than a 20 minute hike to the shopping and restaurant districts Victoria is famous for. Want a city tour by bus? You need to take a cab or walk to a hotel in the inner harbor area to catch a tour. Staff were not helpful and it felt as though they were doing you a favor by working there. Property was basically clean and the price was reasonable but no air conditioning. We will never stay there again and definitely do not recommend the hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Merle W
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our vacation was saved thanks to their help, but it was not just our situation. From the front desk to the manager, everyone went above and beyond the level of service I have EVER received, even from five star hotels. The amenities were sufficient, clean, and open. But overall, customer service was hands down the best in Victoria.
If you are coming from the BC Ferry Terminal, this hotel is RIGHT along the 70/72 bus line. This makes getting to and from there very simple.

Room Tip: The rooms with king beds seem to have their own AC units, but having a heatwave is a rare problem in...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael S
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Even though this hotel is several blocks from the tourist area in Victoria, the local bus system makes transportation easy. It is near China Town which is small but interesting. The room was convenient, the wifi worked well and the service at the front desk was friendly and efficient. Our room truly was smoke free and I did not have any issues with odors as some of the other people reported. I was pleased.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Would never recommend this hotel. I booked this place because we were just staying in the city for a night and my two kids wanted to stay in a place with a pool. Once we checked in, we were told that the pool is under maintenance, rather the whole hotel seems to be under maintenance. Normally every hotel has some complimentary coffee and tea bags. There was a coffee maker, some sugar and coffee but no tea bags. When I inquired at the front desk they gave me a very vague answer. Front desk told me I could go and ask for the tea bags from the restaurant. There was an older lady at the restaurant who was very rude. People like her definitely don't belong to any service industry. She told me that the restaurant wasn't part of the hotel (which I wasn't aware of) and there was no free tea bags. No one has ever made me feel this way. I came back to the front desk to ask them as to why didn't they tell me that the restaurant charges for the tea bag as I didn't carry any cash (when I inquired.) They didn't seem to care. I have traveled quite a bit but this was my worst experience.
TERRIBLE!!!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank AnuBakshi
TTGeneralManager, General Manager at Capital City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your comments help us with our training and commitment to improving customer service. I have to admit that I was perplexed by your comments about the room amenities, as I personal delivered several tea bags to your room within minutes of you checking in as per your request. As far as your interaction with the Café staff the following morning, I cannot comment other than to say that hotel restaurant’ menu items are for purchase and can be charged to your room. As for the swimming pool, due to the heavy rainfall that morning the pool chemicals required adjusting for the safety of our guests. I would be happy to discuss the matter in detail, please email me at gm@capitalcitycenterhotel.com Tamara Turcotte, GM