We just returned from our trip to Victoria, BC, and it was a very enjoyable vacation away from the Texas heat.The Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour was a fantastic hotel in a location perfect for seeing all the sights that Victoria has to offer. Within a block of the harbour, everything was convenient. The staff at the Marriott were extremely friendly, and accomodating. Our room was a one bedroom corner suite with a balcony, and a nice view of the area. The bed was comfortable, and the living area was spacious. There was a wet bar with a refrigerator and microwave, large bathroom with a walk in shower, and separate tub. There was also a separate vanity area, and dining area. The Concierge Lounge had great selections for breakfast and evening appetizers, with a fantastic view of the harbour. The rooms were spotless, and the cleaning staff were friendly as well. Due to our location, it wasn't necessary to rent a car. We were right across from the bus depot where you could catch a tour bus to other attractions such as the Butchart Gardens, and the Butterfly Gardens. If you do prefer to rent a car, there are rental companies directly across the street to include Budget and National. For those who enjoy whale watching, most of the companies are within a block or two, and also provide pick-up service at the Marriott. We couldn't have picked a better location for all the activities available.
Instead of flying into Victoria, we chose to fly into and out of Vancouver. This turned out to be a great decision. From the Vancouver Airport, you can take a tour bus directly outside the baggage claim. The package for the transpotation (approx $95 for two each way)included the BC Ferry which was a 1.5 hour trip on an enourmous ferry. The trip on the ferry was beautiful. It was much like a cruise ship, and had a buffet and cafeteria. It was beautiful out on the deck, and really started the trip off right. The nice part was not having to bother with the luggage, because once it is loaded on the bus, you ride directly on to the ferry, exit the bus once on board, and reboard the bus just before docking at Victoria. We were originally going to rent a car, but this was a much better decision. If you want to enjoy the short cruise each way, it is well worth it. If you are a regular Marriott Customer as I am, this was a great choice. Next time we vacation in Victoria, we will stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located downtown Victoria, the award winning Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour is walking distance to all there is to see and do in Victoria. Stroll to the famous Inner Harbour for Victoria attractions, musicians and artisans, and whale watching tours. Our Victoria BC hotel guestrooms feature the kind of luxury you would expect from a Four Diamond Marriott Hotel including feather duvets and luxury linens, deluxe robes, free wireless high-speed Internet and individual climate control. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Marriott Victoria
- Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour Vancouver Island