“Great location, friendly staff!”

Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Good value for superior bedding, clean, tastefully decorated rooms. Room with two double beds next to stairs had a nice alcove for stroller. Pool was warm, not freezing like many hotel pools. Hot tub and pool area could have been attended to more frequently as there were dishes and towels all around. Area was clean. Fitness studio looked great, though didn't use. Lots of space between cardio machines. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Quiet room on back of hotel on 9th floor was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We were very pleased with this property. We found the rooms a bit small, but clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and eager to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We especially liked the free wireless access throughout the hotel, laundry facilities, free daily paper, and pool/gym. Although the $16 parking fee is painful, it is acceptable considering we did not get nickel and dimed for everything else. When we arrived, we decided to upgrade to the concierge level which offered a better room (higher floor) and daily snacks and beverages. The location is just fine. It was a ten minute walk in any direction to most everything you'd need. We would stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Although the two rooms we had were about the same, being higher up felt less closed-in due to the pr...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed in Victoria for couple of days. I had paid extra for a balcony thinking it would be nice with a harbor view, but really it is not worth paying extra at all.

The hotel is surrounded by tall buildings from all sides. If you have your drapes open, then anyone around they will easily see you.

It is quite far from the harbor and the balcony was very tiny, you really can't sit there.
Also the noise is crazy, the first night was awful because the balcony door was open, not sure how, but I discovered that it was open. However, even if the balcony is not open, you still can hear all the trucks and the noise from outside.

If I knew it was far from the water, I would definitely have rented somewhere else. This was really disappointing especially when you pay extra for something that is not there!

The other reason i booked was the pool and hot tub, and during my stay they had it closed. I checked my reservation and I noticed there was a small note there, but really it wasn't clear enough and if you don't read every single thing you will not notice it. It was part of the amenities that was listed, and I am guessing price of the rooms were on the basis of having these amenities.

They were kind enough to extend my stay till 2pm.

In general I was disappointed. The restaurant doesn't have a lot of choices, the breakfast is good but lunch and dinner not really!

Again, it was a disappointment!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The beds are great
the staff is great
The location is awsome, we walked everywhere from the hotel

We ate at
Bon Rouge, yum

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank olyb3
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This was my first stay here, but I will be back. We walked on the ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria for an overnight trip. A short walk to the hotel. They gave us early check in (10:30am) and the tour to Butchart Gardens we were interested in picks up and drops off right at the hotel. The location for this hotel puts you within a 5 minute walk of all the downtown attractions.

The staff were friendly and customer oriented. Restaurant food and service good. Room clean and quiet.

Tip: consider a walk on trip on the ferry. What you save by not taking your car from Port Angeles covers the cost of the room.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank traveler11223
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I recently delivered a training program at the convention center and the Marriott was where the office booked me. I don't have anything remotely negative to say about the experience, but nothing over the top wonderful either. The service was decent, the room clean and comfortable, decent wireless internet signal strength. I did not partake of any room service or restaurants in the hotel, there are far too many excellent choices in the neighborhood to pay inflated Room service prices.

Typically competent and professional staff, again nothing stands out, other than one thing. I had to stand in line for far too long to get a copy of my bill, since it was not under my door.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Couldnt ask for a better location to everything when walking with children. Close to museums and restaurants and the beautiful park

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family