“Awesome staff! Great location!”

Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 18 April 2012

If you are visiting Victoria, I highly recommend this hotel. The Hotel Staff (and I mean EVERYONE) is extremely helpful and courteous. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows and we were fortunate enough to stay at a higher floor with a great view of the harbor.

The location of the hotel is right in the middle of the city. It is in walking distance from the Harbor, Restaurants, Shops and Museums.

We will definely stay here again on our next visit.

Stayed: April 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,383)

Reviewed 14 April 2012

The staff here is the best I have encountered anywhere and I travel 300 - 330 days a year.
The hotel is located in a good place and is very clean and very comfortable; it was a great stay on a working trip. And I really can't say enough about how good the staff is, very friendly, and very, very efficient and quick.

Room Tip: The best value would be the "high floor" rooms with club lounge access, the extra $20.00 i...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I spent 2 days in Victoria during the Easter weekend. We had a very good stay and enjoyed the hotel, the staff and the amenities.

The room was on the 15th floor and had a nice view over the ocean. Design was classic but tasteful. It was well appointed and we enjoyed the comfort of a big comfortable bed, big TV screen, etc. Since I am a Gold member internet is free and the connection was fast and reliable.

We also enjoyed access tot he hotel lounge on the top floor. The lounge is small but nice. Great views over Victoria. The staff are all very friendly and attentive. There is fruit, cookies, nuts, drinks, coffee and tea during the day. The cookies are especially great! There is breakfast in the morning, happy hour in the late afternoon and dessert in the evening. Selection and quality were both good.

There is a very small pool and a small gym. They gym is nice and has all that is needed.

Victoria is fairly small so all the big attractions are within walking distance. So if you are considering a stay in Victoria both for business or pleasure the Marriott is definitely a good choice.

Room Tip: Suggest to ask for a room on the higher levels to get a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Good value for superior bedding, clean, tastefully decorated rooms. Room with two double beds next to stairs had a nice alcove for stroller. Pool was warm, not freezing like many hotel pools. Hot tub and pool area could have been attended to more frequently as there were dishes and towels all around. Area was clean. Fitness studio looked great, though didn't use. Lots of space between cardio machines. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Quiet room on back of hotel on 9th floor was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We were very pleased with this property. We found the rooms a bit small, but clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and eager to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We especially liked the free wireless access throughout the hotel, laundry facilities, free daily paper, and pool/gym. Although the $16 parking fee is painful, it is acceptable considering we did not get nickel and dimed for everything else. When we arrived, we decided to upgrade to the concierge level which offered a better room (higher floor) and daily snacks and beverages. The location is just fine. It was a ten minute walk in any direction to most everything you'd need. We would stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Although the two rooms we had were about the same, being higher up felt less closed-in due to the pr...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed in Victoria for couple of days. I had paid extra for a balcony thinking it would be nice with a harbor view, but really it is not worth paying extra at all.

The hotel is surrounded by tall buildings from all sides. If you have your drapes open, then anyone around they will easily see you.

It is quite far from the harbor and the balcony was very tiny, you really can't sit there.
Also the noise is crazy, the first night was awful because the balcony door was open, not sure how, but I discovered that it was open. However, even if the balcony is not open, you still can hear all the trucks and the noise from outside.

If I knew it was far from the water, I would definitely have rented somewhere else. This was really disappointing especially when you pay extra for something that is not there!

The other reason i booked was the pool and hot tub, and during my stay they had it closed. I checked my reservation and I noticed there was a small note there, but really it wasn't clear enough and if you don't read every single thing you will not notice it. It was part of the amenities that was listed, and I am guessing price of the rooms were on the basis of having these amenities.

They were kind enough to extend my stay till 2pm.

In general I was disappointed. The restaurant doesn't have a lot of choices, the breakfast is good but lunch and dinner not really!

Again, it was a disappointment!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The beds are great
the staff is great
The location is awsome, we walked everywhere from the hotel

We ate at