““Great hotel, great value and excellent front desk staff””

Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Vancouver, Canada
““Great hotel, great value and excellent front desk staff””
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Newer Hotel in downtown Victoria City centre area, two blocks from the waterfront. One of the nicer Marriott's that we have stayed at with a large room. Excellent gym with lots of cardio equipment and some weights, small pool.

This is a walking neighbourhood, everything you can imagine is within ten blocks in every direction. Front desk staff were excellent especially Vanessa and Bettina they were quick to offer many suggestions of local dining options and information about Victoria. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room with a great view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelinstead

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Missouri
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We are Marriott Platinum members and so we try to stay at Marriotts when we travel. The Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour was a very nice hotel. We arrived in Victoria on the early morning ferry from Port Angeles and I am sure due to our membership status, we were able to get into our room early. The front desk and support staff were very friendly and helpful in giving restaurant suggestions and directions. The room was what I expect of a Marriott hotel. It was a large room and very clean. The pool and fitness center were very nice. The location was great, just up from the harbour and within easy walking distance of the harbor and lots of good restaurants. As noted is some of the other reviews, parking isn't cheap, so you need to really consider whether you need a car. My only complaint was that the Concierge Lounge wasn't open on the weekends, however, we were provided complementary continental breakfast instead. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Typical Marriott property in downtown Victoria. Good service from front desk staff, and consistent room quality. Rooms were fairly large. Note that hotel only offers valet parking. Would stay again on future business trips to Victoria.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

This is the first time for me here. The room is clean and beautiful. Service is good. But for parking is not free, have to pay $16/night, too expensive tho. It should free for the guest. Anyway, overall is very good.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Black Creek, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

When we pulled up to this hotel the staff was quickly there to open the door and say that "Sean
is available to check you in" Sean was the fastest hotel checkin I| have ever experienced. I think I was waiting for something more, but no, it was all done. Great job! Our room was very well appointed and clean. Their gym facilities and pool area are well cared for and great hours for use. When checking out Jan paid particular attention to detail and that was very much appreciated. Just one night this time but I look forward to longer stays in future. Would easily recommend this hotel to anyone. Love the quote on the notepad, Leave a trail of genius!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank butler52
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

It's been a while since I felt I had 'above and beyond' service. This hotel went above and beyond to meet my needs at no extra cost. It is very clean, has all amenities you would expect, and the location for visitors is spectacular - walking distance to all tourist stuff and close to the inner harbour. I was able to check in with the marriott mobile app- super convenient! I would definitely recommend staying here

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lina244
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel has exceeded my expectations. It's my first visit to the property, and to the city, and neither has disappointed! Upon my arrival at the hotel, I was met by Sean, the concierge. He offered me a very warm welcome, and while I was waiting in the lobby, I noticed that he made a point to welcome each and every guest, a true ambassador for the hotel, and for Victoria. Check in was quick, friendly and efficient (just how I like it), and my room, while not huge, was perfect...the only thing that could have made it better would have been a view...however, I have a nice view of the city from the 14th floor, and as a real bonus, the window actually opens. Fresh air! Great bed, and nice bathroom amenities.

The breakfast buffet was exactly perfect in terms of the selection and taste, and my server, Alyce, was spot on...just the right amount of friendly for 7:30 in the morning...she even turned the dining room lights up a bit when she saw that I was trying to read the paper in a particularly dark corner.

I just had a drink in the bar with a colleague and a customer and our server Matt was great...friendly, professional and personable, like every other person I've met at his hotel.

The hotel is well positioned, within 5 minutes walk of the harbour, the parliament buildings and the sites of downtown. Lots of little shops and tons of restaurants within walking distance.

I will absolutely come back.

Room Tip: Concierge floors offer best chance for a great view (because they are high), but request a view room...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business