“Had a fantastic stay at Victoria Marriott”

Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Seattle
“Had a fantastic stay at Victoria Marriott”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We only stayed one night at the Victoria Marriott Inner Harbor, but it was enough to convince us to come back on our next trip to this wonderful city. Clean, modern, conveniently located and with a great staff, this is a hotel worthy of the greeting, "welcome home". Super professional front desk staff, great door/concierge folks and a good restaurant experience. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: I'm am fortunate to be Marriott Gold, so I got upgraded to a city view one bedroom suite. WONDE...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Todd_Tomorrow
Helmar P, Manager at Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Todd-Tomorrow,
Thanks so much for taking the time and sharing your experience of the Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour with the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our associates. We look forward to "welcoming you home" again, in the future.

Helmar Prael
Director of Room Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband had a conference for 2 days which we extended to a week to have some vacation time. We thought we were getting a Standard Room, but we ended up on the 11th floor with a balcony and a fantastic view towards the harbour and could see the mountains. The room was spotless with high end furnishings. Staff is extremely polite and helpful. The location is ideal to walk to the harbour and Visitors Information (15 min), The Empress (5-10 min), Fisherman's Wharf (30 min), with wonderful shops and restaurants in every direction. We enjoyed one supper at the hotel (because the weather was so beautiful we went walking every night!) and I had lunch one day - also very good. I highly recommend staying here for the excellent service and perfect location.

Room Tip: We were in 1104 and we had a lovely view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Trudy J
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Everything was very nice, staff was friendly, everything was very clean. The room, including the washroom was very clean. The location was almost perfect, short walk to pretty much everything in downtown Victoria. Lots of food within 5 minutes walk. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank chrisitout
San Francisco
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I admit I love the Marriott and Ritz Carlton chain. This hotel has it all and did not disappoint but actually exceeded my expectations. I had a corner room on the 15th floor/Concierge Level. The view was lovely and the room was comfortable. They supply a tea kettle and a coffee pot as well as a mini fridge. I LOVE that since I get up before the lounge is open and NEED my coffee...and because I had a fridge, I borrowed some cream from the lounge the night before and had fresh cream in my coffee in the morning. This is what I appreciate from this chain... The small details that make my stay carefree and fun.
The location is just blocks from the inner harbor and Government Street. I walked easily to the Parliament Bluilding.
The staff was professional, kind and accommodating . A totally pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Corner room always nicer, club level , makes it perfect!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellen K
Dear Ellen K,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us. I am very happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations - something we strive for in all of our interactions with our guests. We appreciate your business and your loyalty to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again in the future.

Helmar Prael
Director of Room Operations
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The room we had at the Victoria Marriott was elegant, spacious and well appointed. There is parking (for a fee) on site, a nicely equipped gym and indoor pool and hot tub. It is a short walk to shopping and the inner harbour yet is off the main street so is quiet for sleeping. I definitely would return and recommend it for your stay in Victoria.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jlknkd
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I can't say enough about the staff. I called the hotel before my arrival to get a recommendation for a yoga studio and a spa for a pedicure. Steven at the Concierge Desk went out of his way to make suggestions and offered to make the appointment for me if I ran into difficulties. It was clear that he wanted to help to make my stay a memorable one!
The Magnolia Hotel is a couple of blocks away and they have a lovely spa.
The Doormen (Sean in particular) were always ready to offer suggestions and give directions, every time I came back to the hotel I felt like I was being greeted by an old friend.
The hotel was centrally located so I was able to walk everywhere in this beautiful city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor facing the water. It will probably cost you more but the view is wo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vicky039
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We made a recent trip to attend a regatta in Brentwood. We chose to stay there again based on location and comfort. Self- Park was convenient for a fee but typical for this area. Easy walking to resturants and shopping. Hotel restuarant service was good. Concierge desk very knowledgeable and helpful. I gave the service a 4 out of 5 as front desk check in staff didn't mention that the concierge lounge close early on Friday, did not offer us breakfast vouchers as Marriot Gold members for the weekend and didn't respond to reservation question she took note to follow up on. The staff in the lounge took care of us for breakfast vouchers, thank you!
Will definitely stay again for overall experience and location.

• Stayed April 2014