“Lovely city, nice hotel”

Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was our first visit to Victoria, having been regular visitors to Vancouver of the past 5 years. We spent a couple of days and took the ferry with our car rental. Booked two rooms at the Marriott. Unfortunately, the two rooms were floors apart, but that was okay since our two children were grown and were staying with their aunt and my wife and I took the lower room. Both rooms were great. The upper room at the 11th floor had a great view of the Victoria harbor whilst our room on the 2nd floor was a corner room and was surrounded by the gardens so it gave it a nice cozy environment.

Service was excellent from the moment we drove up. Jason the bellhop took care of all our stuff - since we came by car from Victoria, a lot of stuff was loosely packed in small bags. We even brought our daughter's guitar, which Jason patiently and carefully carried whilst pushing the loaded trolley.

Parking was either self driven or valet parked. No hitches at all and was the perfect base to launch our excursions around Victoria.

One comment was the room lighting was a bit dark. They could do with brighter and more lights. Also the bedside light on the 2nd floor room with the king bed was shared with the desk, but was placed away from the bed. So I had to move it around so it could indeed be my bedside lamp.

Other than that, it was great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Helmar P, Manager at Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear BobM08,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience of our hotel, with others. I’m happy to read you added Victoria to your itinerary on this trip to the West Coast after having enjoyed visits to Vancouver in the past and I hope you enjoyed your visit to the island! I am also very happy to read that you enjoyed the service provided by our team of hosts and that your stay, in general, was a positive experience. We appreciate your feedback about the lighting and is something we can definitely look into – so thank you as well, for that.
We hope to welcome you again in the future, on your next visit to the West Coast.

Helmar Prael
Director of Room Operations

There are newer reviews for Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My first time in Victoria BC and I fell in love that I don't want to go home. People are so nice .Place is clean , tons of restaurants to choose from , awesome friendly people lots of things to do couple family friends. Just take time choosing inexpensive restaurants. .not because it's pricy it's good..highly suggest to look around as you explore the place..definitely coming back. This time with the kids

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Coming to Victoria is an experience in itself, but the location of this Marriott is terrific. It is close to the Water Terminal and bus terminal with National Rental car across the street. It is in a quiet neighborhood with a number of nice places to eat all within walking distance. The park is merely 2 blocks and is a nice place to walk and see southern sights off the island.
Come hungry to the breakfast table as the buffet spread is great. Getting change for some 'loonies' to do a quick wash was easy and we enjoyed the gym and pool while we washed, the gym and swimming pool is also nicely maintained.
I had no internet problems and we were using several devices at the same time, connecting back to the States.
And no can stay at a Marriott and not be impressed with the fantastic service. OK, so I am a Platinum traveler, but the service I see others getting is just as noteworthy.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are my favorite
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
JMThomson, General Manager at Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for staying at the Victoria Marriott and we are so pleased your experience was an exceptional one. We greatly appreciate the recognition of our associates and the service your received. Victoria is a special place and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards
Stephen Roughley

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Was there for a conference and all the staff were friendly and pleasant. The room was clean, food was great and were all very attentive. My room had a balcony which was nice as I could open the door and let in some fresh air. (I like to sleep with a window open anyways!)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Comfortable, if somewhat small, room, with excellent bed and good water pressure for the shower. Good sound isolation from other rooms. Windows that could be opened in nice weather.

Free WiFi included with the room, and is good quality. Parking is an expensive extra, however, it is convenient, easy to get to, and comes with in-and-out privileges. Breakfast is expensive, local restaurant did not look particularly appetizing.

Location is fantastic - the hotel is located on a quiet street in downtown area, within 2 - 5 minutes walk to waterfront and many attractions. Concierge provided maps and helped arrange a whale-watching trip.

A problem: lack of electrical outlets in the room. There were none available close to the nightstand, and few are in less-convenient places.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying at this hotel. I have to say it is at the bottom of my list as far as marriots go. I had called and confirmed I was in a king bed. At that time I asked what floor and was told I would get the 14 floor with access to the lounge so I didn't upgrade my room. When I got here I found out I was in a small king room on a lower floor with no access to the lounge. I am also very disappointed in the Internet net speed. I am trying to work on reports and no luck.. The Internet sucks. . I have to write this review using my phone! ! So If your planning on doing work while staying here I would think about going to a different hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank topher919
JMThomson, General Manager at Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We do apologize for the challenges you had with your reservation and internet speed. I have communicated with our team on how we could have provided a solution to this situation. We do appreciate your business and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and make your stay a more pleasant one.

Sincerely.

Stephen Roughley

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My first time staying at the Marriott and will not be my last. Every detail is done with perfection. Hotel is simply beautiful. I was on the 16th floor with amazing views of old churches and buildings. My room was very pretty and extremely comfortable. I did not want to check out in the morning. Hotel staff are very well trained. Location is perfect with shopping, great restaurants and tourist things to do. Park your car and set off on foot. Hotel is on the higher end of the price scale but worth every penny. I cant wait to go back again. This is my new favorite hotel in the city. Thank you to the staff of the Marriott for doing such a fantastic job.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business