“Very good location”

Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Kamloops, Canada
“Very good location”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Loved the location downtown near inner harbour and BC Museum. Easy walk to cinemas. Decent room amenities (not to old but not brand new either). Recommend for business or leisure - won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here with my teenage daughter, checking out UVIC in March. While clearly not the busy season in Victoria, it was a pleasure.

The check in folks were helpful and friendly, the onsite parking was easy (in the basement), and the room was great. Two very comfortable beds, and a good sized room.

This hotel has a relatively small footprint, so there are only about 10 rooms per floor (tops)... Makes for a quiet Hotel.

Breakfast at the breakfast Bar was very good....

Will go back.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony .... worked out well. from the 12 floor could see the Harbour and th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Helmar P, Manager at Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear AliveNow,

First, thank you for having stayed with us and second, for taking the time to write a review to share your experience. I appreciate your kind remarks about the service you received from our team of hosts and that you enjoyed the room and the beds.
I hope you and your daughter were able to get the information you were after, with regards to visiting UVIC and we wish her much success as she pursues her education, no matter where she decides to attend!

Helmar Prael
Director of Room Operations
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Everything about the hotel and It's staff was fine for me except for the fact that American Express travellers cheques were not cashable or acceptable so don't take them with you. I only had breakfasts in the hotel which were fine. I can't remember why I didn't have dinner in the restaurant. I did have details of 2 local restaurants from tripadvisor with me so I probably tried them instead. One was Café Brio which was quite charming and Italian country style, the other was Il Terrazzo a more orthodox Italian restaurant. I can certainly recommend them both. When I was walking back to the hotel I was stopped by a beggar. I didn't give him anything but I noticed that just 2 blocks away and round a corner there was a truck dispensing free dinners. I went back to the beggar to tell him about this. Imagine my surprise when he said he didn't want food, only money! Needless to say I still didn't give him any. Two other things you can do from the hotel are The Butchart Gardens which are wonderful and whale watching trips, which in our case wasn't exactly successful because we didn't see any whales but it was a nice trip out anyway. So to "sum up"; the hotel is definitely worth a try and you will certainly find other things to do too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ericBournemouth
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was our first visit to Victoria, having been regular visitors to Vancouver of the past 5 years. We spent a couple of days and took the ferry with our car rental. Booked two rooms at the Marriott. Unfortunately, the two rooms were floors apart, but that was okay since our two children were grown and were staying with their aunt and my wife and I took the lower room. Both rooms were great. The upper room at the 11th floor had a great view of the Victoria harbor whilst our room on the 2nd floor was a corner room and was surrounded by the gardens so it gave it a nice cozy environment.

Service was excellent from the moment we drove up. Jason the bellhop took care of all our stuff - since we came by car from Victoria, a lot of stuff was loosely packed in small bags. We even brought our daughter's guitar, which Jason patiently and carefully carried whilst pushing the loaded trolley.

Parking was either self driven or valet parked. No hitches at all and was the perfect base to launch our excursions around Victoria.

One comment was the room lighting was a bit dark. They could do with brighter and more lights. Also the bedside light on the 2nd floor room with the king bed was shared with the desk, but was placed away from the bed. So I had to move it around so it could indeed be my bedside lamp.

Other than that, it was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear BobM08,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience of our hotel, with others. I’m happy to read you added Victoria to your itinerary on this trip to the West Coast after having enjoyed visits to Vancouver in the past and I hope you enjoyed your visit to the island! I am also very happy to read that you enjoyed the service provided by our team of hosts and that your stay, in general, was a positive experience. We appreciate your feedback about the lighting and is something we can definitely look into – so thank you as well, for that.
We hope to welcome you again in the future, on your next visit to the West Coast.

Helmar Prael
Director of Room Operations
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My first time in Victoria BC and I fell in love that I don't want to go home. People are so nice .Place is clean , tons of restaurants to choose from , awesome friendly people lots of things to do couple family friends. Just take time choosing inexpensive restaurants. .not because it's pricy it's good..highly suggest to look around as you explore the place..definitely coming back. This time with the kids

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Moose, Wyoming
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Coming to Victoria is an experience in itself, but the location of this Marriott is terrific. It is close to the Water Terminal and bus terminal with National Rental car across the street. It is in a quiet neighborhood with a number of nice places to eat all within walking distance. The park is merely 2 blocks and is a nice place to walk and see southern sights off the island.
Come hungry to the breakfast table as the buffet spread is great. Getting change for some 'loonies' to do a quick wash was easy and we enjoyed the gym and pool while we washed, the gym and swimming pool is also nicely maintained.
I had no internet problems and we were using several devices at the same time, connecting back to the States.
And no can stay at a Marriott and not be impressed with the fantastic service. OK, so I am a Platinum traveler, but the service I see others getting is just as noteworthy.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are my favorite
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JMThomson, General Manager at Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Victoria Marriott and we are so pleased your experience was an exceptional one. We greatly appreciate the recognition of our associates and the service your received. Victoria is a special place and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards
Stephen Roughley
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Was there for a conference and all the staff were friendly and pleasant. The room was clean, food was great and were all very attentive. My room had a balcony which was nice as I could open the door and let in some fresh air. (I like to sleep with a window open anyways!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business