“Fast food at its best”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 9 November 2014 via mobile

As a treat to my trainees on Friday after passing their training course I offered to buy lunch, if they could recommend a good spot to buy it from.
There was no doubt in their minds that poutine was on the cards. I had a medium portion of the the beef and jalapeno poutine. Medium was more than enough, lots of toppings, fresh rather than pickled jalapenos which was a bonus. I had to leave a small amount as I wanted to be able to move in the afternoon as I still had to work, but some of the trainees put a medium portion away with ease, I need more practice.

1  Thank DarrellllerraD

Reviewed 4 August 2014

To sum it up - Disgusting! The hamburger was completely dried out and tasteless and the hot dogs sub par. However, the french fries were the most disappointing aspect of this meal - they were soggy and dripping with grease. Absolutely gross! We would have had better quality going to McD's down the block.
Stay away from this joint.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have lived in Montréal and I am French- and I know the real deal.This is not Dunn's on St Catherine Street.This is the greasiest food I have ever had in my life.Not returning. J'ai été très déçu-I was very disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2014

the only genuine poutine in Victoria. The location is not good and the place look like a low level fast food but the poutine is really excellent

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed 4 July 2014

If fries poutine, smoke-meat is what you are craving, its a good place to get and get your fix.
its small, smells like tons of potatoes have been fried in there and friendly owner with upbeat people. if your expecting a 4 star or even a 2 star meal, its not it, its a place to indulge in that craving one gets to have something greasy, tasty, and filling. It fulfills that all the way. Smoke meat is on the menu, its pretty good, not as good as in Montreal, but then again, it also hits the spot.
Summary: a good place for fries, poutine and smoke meat

Date of visit: July 2014