“Excellent Poutine”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 August 2018

If you know Poutine, then this is the place in Victoria to go. It is a small, hole in the wall take out location with friendly staff. They have one inside table and a couple of outside tables. My favorite is the Montreal Smoked Meat Poutine, a couple of steamers (hot dogs) and a soda. Then, I head across the street to the Esquimalt Park to eat. Best Poutine in town.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

I'm new to poutine but admit I really enjoyed mine. The behind-the-counter service was quick and efficient and everybody behind there seemed friendly. But the tiny eating area leaves a lot to be desired. Very few tables, all of which are messy with newspapers and clutter. The windowsills are dirty and I imagine all the other surfaces in the place are too. I expect the restaurants and cafes I visit to be pristinely clean. I honestly believe that a dirty restaurant means a dirty kitchen. I can understand the greasy scent that's in the air but I don't want to feel the grease on the floor.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been eating at this place since 2009. The poutine is unreal. They fry the fries perfectly. I usually get the Montreal smoked meat added- so good. I’m a big eater and I can just about eat a large to myself. It’s the best poutine I’ve ever eaten.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

The poutine is incredible and yes the cheese squeaks! This establishment would be considered hole in the wall because it is challenging to find parking to access it. But the owner operator is friendly, he greets each person who walks in and thanks them for coming when they leave. He always engages his customers and quite frankly it's quite welcome because you feel welcome.
Okay, the food. Poutine is in three sizes small (one person), medium (2 - 3 people), large (3 - 4 people). The prices vary depending on the type of poutine you order. The Montreal smoked meat sub is incredible as well.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

They have a tasty poutines. The Gravy is so good. The staff are friendly. Their hotdogs are good as well. They serve with cabbage. It’s really good match. I definitely will be back soon.