“There is just so much to see!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Victoria Photowalks
Ranked #70 of 106 Tours in Victoria
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“There is just so much to see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

What a beautiful city! So much culture and very eclectic! Many stores that are found in the states but some are of the local flavor. Prices were very reasonable and so many people willing to help you get around to the best of the best in town! Most places take american $ sso beautiful!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sheilagail

USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Star photographer and teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Having taken many photowalks, safari's etc, Victoria Photowalks is so far superior that the others are not in the same class. Suzanne does not try to overwhelm with facts, nor does she go through all the menus etc on the camera. Rather she concentrates on what is important in composing and taking a great picture. We had three on the photowalk ranging in ages from 10 to 70 yrs. she answered all our questions. And most important engaged my 10 yr old grandson so that be the end of the walk he was so happy with his photos that he is going on to make an album.

she's a keeper!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank paulb222
Rockville, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A-plus photo tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I've been on other photo walking tours in Washington, DC and Annapolis, MD, and Victoria Photowalks was by far the best photo tour I've taken. Suzanne is a top-notch photographer and a great teacher, and she provided so many valuable tips. I went on the photo tour with my father and son, and was impressed with how Suzanne was able to tailor the tour to meet our interests and varying ability levels. The three of us used different cameras, and Suzanne was truly a pro in showing us features on each of our cameras that instantly improved the quality of our photos. For example, she taught me about how to use the white balance to make better photos under different light conditions, and employing "leading lines" to draw the viewers eye to a subject. I appreciated Suzanne's hands-on approach by having us take a photo, and then she would review it with us and show us how to take another one to make it better, and she answered all sorts of questions. I strongly recommend this photo tour, and Suzanne is delightful to take a tour of Victoria with and learn from.

Visited July 2013
suzrushton, Owner at Victoria Photowalks, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Wow, A-plus! I'm extremely grateful that you took the time to review the tour, thank you very much! I'm delighted that each of you got some take-away skills that will help improve your photography going forward, but also that you all had a fun experience! I'm honored that you chose Victoria Photowalks as your excursion in Canada. Happy shooting and thanks again!
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to learn about your camera and get some great photos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I went on the Photowalk on the next to last day of our cruise. We both wish it had been the first day, instead. Suzanne helped me remember much of what I'd forgotten about photography and helped my wife Heather understand her new camera.

I wield an ancient Canon Rebel and my wife brought along a brand new Canon S110. The other woman on the tour was carrying one of the new mirror-less DSLR-like cameras. Suzanne was familiar with both the old and the new. What little she didn't already know, she was able to figure out quickly.

Heather and I both found Suzanne instantly likeable. She doesn't drone, she's not preachy, and she readily admits when she doesn't know something, a trait all teachers should have. The photowalk excursion is a new offering for the Celebrity Solstice, so group was small, just my wife and I and a young woman from the cruise ship. Suzanne seemed perfectly happy to have a small group where she could give lots of attention to each of us.

Suzanne covered all the basics, ISO, aperture (f-stop), shutter speed, and how they interact to affect the overall photo. She also talked about more advanced subjects like stopping motion, depth of field, and panning. I get the impression that each walk is tailored to the group she gets.

I wish all the tours I've been on where this much fun and the host so engaging.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank rben13
suzrushton, Owner at Victoria Photowalks, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear rben13,
Thank you SO much for the glowing review! I, too, wish that you had come at the beginning of the cruise rather than the end :) I appreciate the candid and detailed descriptions and am honoured (oops, honored), that you chose to experience Victoria with me. Best of luck with the new camera, and the old. It was a pleasure meeting you both!
Suzanne
Amarillo, Texas
“If you want to learn how to operate your camera better...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Victoria Photowalks is the place to go. The walk was a very pleasant learning experience. Suzanne was an outstanding teacher as she led us around Victoria and some out of the way places. She explained the different modes of the cameras while we took pictures to see the differences in the settings. In her articulate way of explaining, I learned how to take better pictures. Her friendliness put me at ease since I was not very experienced in the different settings of my camera. Our group was small which allowed for individual attention which she gave to each of us. Even sent us home with a "cheat sheet" which explained the settings on a camera. Very enjoyable and learning experience.

Visited May 2013
suzrushton, Owner at Victoria Photowalks, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review! I appreciate the description of your experience with us and am SO glad you had fun and learned how to improve your photography. Mission accomplished!