“Melt in your mouth”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Melt in your mouth”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I wanted to try every possible sushi place available in Victoria, and found this place to be the best. The atmosphere is lovely and spacious. Very clean, including the washrooms. The service is excellent. Waiters are so friendly too. The food is mouth watering. I only order the rolls, and I recommend the special roll called the "Rock and Cali Roll". I have been here twice and plan to go next week again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank NavygirlComox

calgary
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Food was excellent, service was friendly and fast, great value, nice decor, and very clean. We would definitely come back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank daisy9
Victoria, Canada
“New to Sushi”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Not a big fan to sushi, just going by the 6others in the group. They were all pleased with their food. Service was slow, some of us had only an array of appetizers, others full meals. The decor was nice, service gals great. This is a new place in Victoria, worth going to to try it!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank mamasue605
Mill Bay, Canada
“New Fav Sushi Spot”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

So just a foreword; My partner and I had recently been not entirely happy with our previous sushi regular, so we decided to take a walk and see what else was around. We were pleasantly surprised to find Itami Sushi so centrally located, and of superior quality.

To Start with what we Ordered Breakdown:

Assorted Tempura~ We've all had tempura where we think "too doughy", "too crispy", or even "moist"... I was surprised to find after devouring this dish i had not one bad complaint and was sufficiently happy with them nailing the recipe.

Ten Don~ or Tempura Don (assorted as well... no sauce which is likely the only downside, but rest assured will be trying another one next time... did not quite live up to expectations there.

California Rolls~ Were neither to wet, nor over seeded or dry... Very happy they had this balance right!

Dynamite Rolls~ While I liked this traditional roll with the eel addition, my partner wasn't quite so happy with it, rest assured just because of the eel. I think we might have the super dynamite roll next time.

Rock & Cali Rolls~ This was amazing, the fullness of flavor and depth of others, great sauce, this more than anything has convinced us to give this great little spot at least 3 more tries, and I'm not thinking they will be disappointing. One of the BEST rolls I have EVER had.

DF Banana + I.C.~ We chose this for dessert as we had had in other places and found we loved it here more. Deep fried Banana with your choice flavor of Ice Cream and a dollops of whip topped with a drizzle of chocolate. Well worth a look!

Service was top notch. Quick, attentive, and unobtrusive!

The atmosphere lost me a little being much more social house than nicely secluded group seats...

Value was great! Truly was surprised when i got a look at our bill. was so low, and we left so full!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Addison J
WI
“Average”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Nice atmosphere. Good service, great menu. Good food. All in all, decent sushi at decent prices, but we were not super impressed. We would go back, but there are better sushi restaurants in Victoria.

• Visited October 2013