“Amazing!”
Review of Saigon Night

Saigon Night
Ranked #148 of 1,239 Restaurants in Victoria
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We recently tried Saigon Night after a few years of disappointing Vietnamese, we can finally stop looking because this is the place to go. The grilled pork with shredded pork over rice with a fried roll is my favourite! You get so much food for the price. Also the salad rolls with shrimp are to die for! The people who run it are also very pleasant and always so helpful. One of my favourite places to eat downtown by far!

2  Thank MelisaH667

Reviewed 1 September 2013

while on a walk to the Castle from the harbor, we stumbled into this place. and were we glad we did. this has to be one of the best vietnamese restaurants i have ever been to. our friends had just returned from a trip to China and VietNam - declaring it four thumbs up. the pho was excellent. the noodles yummy. one of our party asked for lots of heat - and she got exactly what she asked for. you must go here. period. and the owner is delightful (she never heard of trip advisor - go figure)

1  Thank Wiggleglass
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Really enjoyed the food and experience. My party of 5 let Thuy, the owner, choose all our food and she did a great job! Banana deserts were excellent too!

3  Thank 528,646
Reviewed 28 December 2012

3 people happy and full. Came when the restaurant was empty and it soon it filled right up, service was still quick and the staff was great Try the green papaya salad.

2  Thank GrahamLooney
Reviewed 13 December 2012

This restaurant received rave reviews in the paper when it was located by the Odeon Theatre, and it got so popular that the owner jacked up the rent and the restaurant closed. It popped up again several years ago on Fort Street just past Quadra, and it is just as good -- plus you can park for free on the block behind the restaurant.

The service is excellent, and if you go regularly you will get to know the owner Twee, who is darling, and her family members. Whenever I go there, she asks about my parents, who are regulars, and my sister, who goes there every time she comes back to Victoria. That's the kind of place this is.

I have never had anything here that wasn't really good, but I would especially recommend:
- Pork and Shrimp Salad Rolls with spicy peanut dipping sauce
- Papaya Salad with pork and shrip (note: the papaya is shredded and not sweet)
- Tofu in Ginger Sauce
- Bahn Tom (sp?) - udon noodles in creamy coconut sauce, with grilled pork and shrimp.

The prices are very reasonable. The decor is a little bit industrial, but it's still got good ambiance. I highly recommend you try it out.

2  Thank Patrick-in-Victoria