“Big portions - standard Oriental fare”
Review of Saigon Night

Saigon Night
Ranked #183 of 1,186 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Ottawa, Canada
“Big portions - standard Oriental fare”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Saigon Night on Fort Street is a spacious but simple oriental restaurant. Service was very quick and the portions were large - too many noodles. The soup was way too big for my wife, but definitely tasty.

Visited May 2014

Victoria, Canada
“Delicious food, great value, delightful owners.”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We go here regularly as it has lots of delicious variety for the whole group. The noodles are great. The green papaya salad is unique and tasty. You can order to share as an appetizer or alone as a lighter meal. The ginger tofu appetizer is also a favorite of our group. My personal favorite is the coconut milk udon noodles with grilled pork. There is a simple arrangement of tables in an open airy atmosphere. The prices are very reasonable and the quality of the food add up to great value. It is worth searching out the little restaurant. If you are looking for secluded, romantic, "pull your chair out for you" type service this is not the restaurant. But.... for prompt, cheery, inviting service, this is definitely the place!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank lluniz
Nanaimo, Canada
“Best Restaurant EVER”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Ok, this place is a phenom. I've been eating here well before they moved from their location next to the Odeon theatre, to their current location on Fort St. The food is and in my experience, has always been excellent and consistant. My personal favourite, former #24, is now #21, the udon noodles, with shredded and sliced pork, and coconut cream. Get this baby with a side of peanut sauce to pour on top and enjoy culinary bliss. Other favourites include #18, the young papaya salad, the BEST salad rolls EVER, and the prawns on rice that my Mom loves and gets each time she goes. The above would be enough to keep me coming back, but on top of this you have Tom and Thuy. Thuy is a the 85lb owner and packs most of that weight in pure positive personality, she is Miss Saigon Night for me. Tom is a the longtime server, and is really a sweet guy that often calls me Mr. Dave and is always right there before you even think of asking for what you need. The saddest part is that I've moved away from Victoria, but I'm always happy to go back to town to visit Saigon Night, my FAVOURITE restaurant!

3 Thank David S
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“TASTY LARGE PORTIONS”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I always order the same thing -- the combination noodle bowl with roast pork, ground pork, spring rolls, bean sprouts and other veggies in a broth and I'm, always full and happy. If you're a coffee lover you must try the Vietnamese coffee which is a very dark coffee that drips into a glass holding condensed milk. Seriously yummy.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank FUBSYWOMAN
Victoria
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We recently tried Saigon Night after a few years of disappointing Vietnamese, we can finally stop looking because this is the place to go. The grilled pork with shredded pork over rice with a fried roll is my favourite! You get so much food for the price. Also the salad rolls with shrimp are to die for! The people who run it are also very pleasant and always so helpful. One of my favourite places to eat downtown by far!

• Visited December 2013