“Tyler & Brad”

Ranked #92 of 1,222 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 April 2014

All you need to say about this place is three things:
1. poutine
2. Brad
3. Tyler
In that order! Poutine was the best we've ever had! Brad and Tyler (bartenders) were so warm and welcoming--we stopped here first on our arrival into town and they got us a map and gave us a mapped out guide to spend our day & it was soo fun! It showed that they were proud of their city and happy to share it!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

And pretty good food too! As a pub owner and craft beer lover, I love coming here when I am downtown. My favourite beers will always be on tap along with a great and changing selection on the multiple rotator taps. Last visit in I had the Hoyne Devil's Dream IPA, which is awesome and the Yellowfin Tuna burger, also great. Service is usually pretty good, although a bit slow at times, but I have no problem recommending GH over some of the other nearby locations.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This pub was recommended to us because they carried Vancouver Island Brewery beer, the same beer we had tried on a tour of that brewery. Food was good, atmosphere was good, beer was good. It was a night spot worth of a Saturday night out with the friends.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

There are so many beer on tap here that the computer screen showing them all has to cycle between two pages!
As far a food is concerned, I only had Natch o's which tasted good as well.

I would come here with friends for a couple beers before dinner!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Located in Bastion Square, Garrick's Head Pub, established in 1867, doubled their space last year when they expanded into the space vacated by the clothing store, Breeze. The move to the Bastion Square gate on busy Government Street means higher visibility for one of Canada's longest running English pubs.

The additional space also means an increase in beer selections... they now carry 44 varieties, including 22 beers from local breweries.

Under strict orders from a friend of mine to visit the Vancouver Island Brewery, but unable to find the time, I settled for ordering their Piper's Pale Ale here. It had a nice caramel flavor with a fruity (pear?) aftertaste and nice carbonation. I could order a pitcher of it and be quite happy.

I found the server friendly and engaging without feeling pestered. Not being very hungry, I ordered a bowl of their seafood chowder, but didn't find it very good. There was an overabundance of fresh dill in it that overshadowed rather than enhanced the flavor of the seafood.

I would say this is a great place to relax with friends in an unpretentious, unhurried atmosphere and enjoy a pint or two, but don't order the chowder.