“Poor Service And Mediocre Food”
Review of Shiki Sushi

Shiki Sushi
Ranked #332 of 1,222 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2012

On Saturday night it seemed understaffed, no one to seat you, and ½ empty, that should have been our first clue.

The waitress was not even watching her tables, our 1st plates of Sushi and Tuna Tataki were delivered with no wasabi and there was no way we could find the waitress until 10 minutes later when she dropped off our Benito box of the toughest greasy chicken this side of the Rocky Mountains.

This place is not suitable for what you can experience in Victoria for food.

It used to be great, but the new location is not happening.

1  Thank Chuck M

Reviewed 4 October 2012

I found this place in a travel book from my hotel and am so glad I happened upon it. It was some of the best sushi I have EVER had and the service was excellent even though it was peak lunch hour. I would go back weekly if I didn't live so far away! The woman who served us was very attentive and refilled our tea promptly which is great since we were thirsty and in need of some relaxing!

Reviewed 31 August 2012

best i've had and the company was ok as well.......the combination of good food and an atractive intelligent ozzi made it one of my best nights....will make it back someday

Reviewed 27 April 2012

The food was yummy, although I found the service to be a tad bit slow. When we first arrived we had been seated right in the middle of the restaurant, super close to a table beside us... although there were lots of other empty 'better' tables around.

We asked if we could move to a table by the window, which we did, but that was a mistake. Our service was VERY slow.

We had gone for the 'All You Can Eat' which was $28.00.
We placed our first order of food, and it was a good 40 minutes before we got ANYTHING. Then they came very far and few between. My spouse got 3 of his items/plates before I had gotten anything.

The food was of good quality, and we enjoyed it when we received it, but considering we had gone for our date night, it was a bit disappointing that we waited so long in the beginning. It put a bit of a damper on the start to our evening.

Overall, good food, with more room for improvement with service.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

This is our favourite restaurant! The restauran has modern, clean lines, very quick to serve and the food is delicious and all this at a VERY reasonable cost!? AWESOME.

We can afford to take the family there. We head there when we want a quick lunch or dinner before a show, it fits the bill every time! The bento box is so filling and such a great price. The tuna/salmon sashimi is soo good and I love their edamame beans too! Hot and tasty!

We don't find many favourites but this is definitely the one!