“Small Place with Big Flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hanks A Restaurant

Hanks A Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 1,180 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$11 - US$19
Cuisines: Gastropub, Italian
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Hanks * A Restaurant. We think that says it all. Yeah we use mostly local, free run, hormone free, happy things. More importantly we use big flavors on them to create different things. The menu changes drastically week to week. We're open late, sometimes it's loud, sometimes it 's not. We have a wicked beer, wine and cocktail selection. We don't have a lot of seats. Also the phone doesn't work and we tend to not check messages so please don't be offended. Come say hi please.
Southern California
“Small Place with Big Flavor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place is a small place and you wind up smelling like smoke afterwards but your reward is getting to taste some of the best BBQ I have tasted in a while. the flavors are excellent and the owner himself is the one doing the cooking. I found the interaction with the kitchen (which is right in front of you) to be very nice as there is nothing to hide. This place is worth finding and tasting some good BBQ here in Victoria.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank heumanntouch

Victoria, BC
“Glorious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I have been eyeing Hank's through my office window for a couple of months and finally tried it today. After a long deliberation over the menu (everything sounded amazing) I decided on the Pork Belly Sandwich.

"Glorious" is the only word I could come up with. The meat was amazing, the pickled radish, onion, and zucchini were the perfect pairing, and the sauces and bun were divine.

I'm going to have to dust off my gym pass, because Hank's is going to be seeing a LOT more of me.

2 Thank 24kjer
Arequipa, Peru
“Best Beef Ribs I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I usually get pork ribs because I find beef ribs too dry. These feature/special beef ribs with blueberry sauce were the most succulent and tasty ribs I've ever had in my entire life.

I came in after work today and I just let the owner (Frankie) suggest things for me. So I had their beef rib feature as I mentioned with 3 sides: coconut milk and pineapple braised collard greens, potato salad, and red cabbage slaw. They were all AWESOME. I have a feeling I'll be going here very regularly from now on.

This is a highly unheralded new spot that really deserves a lot more acclaim and recognition. That said, the prices are fantastic, the food is incredible, and everybody there is super friendly-- so I selfishly hope it stays a little bit less-known, but if food, location, and service drive success, this place should be packed day and night in no time.

Already can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank MapleHoja
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Went to Hank's for the second time for lunch and was impressed again. Sandwiches are very tasty and buns are great. Just the right amount of flavour and spice. Will definitely go back.

Nanaimo, Canada
“Fabulous BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I didn't expect to find such good food here. It doesn't look that spectacular from the outside, but once you step inside it has a certain charm. The open kitchen, the hand-written menu, everything comes together. The pulled pork platter was great. With pulled pork you know what you're getting, here you get that and more. Definitely makes its name proud.

Visited February 2014