“The best Indian food since I was in India”
Review of Saaz Restaurant and Lounge - CLOSED

Saaz Restaurant and Lounge
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Tucked away on lower Yates street, this fabulous Indian restaurant is not to be missed. Very friendly service, wonderfully complex and rich flavours in the food, and the naan...indescribably wonderful. I will go back again and again. We had an early dinner - we were the only people in the restaurant but our food arrived promptly, piping hot and delicious. I haven't had the lunch buffet but if it's anything like the dinner menu I Will go downtown to try it. We ordered 2 starters, 2 main courses that came with rice, and one order of naan. Three of us couldn't finish it all and it was delicious for lunch the next day.

1  Thank DandL1590

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We were craving Indian food, we walked in to this restaurant based on the reviews, however we were extremely disappointed with the quality of food. We ordered a sweet lassi and we were given a salty lassi, once complained we were offered a complimentary drink.

Our main course was dosa, and buriyani. The dosa was the worst we ever had and the buriyani was nothing to write home about.

Additionally the food was not cheap, it was pricey. Suffice to say I will not recommend this location.

2  Thank Ranga_72
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I am of Indian origin and i consider myself to be a connoisseur of Indian food. This place ticked the box on multiple levels including ambience, service and food. If you visit, try the beef short ribs. It's Jithin(Jay)'s signature dish. Slow cooked for 6 hours. only 5 -6 servings available per day. if you call to reserve, ask him to put one aside for you. All the other dishes are fantastic too.

1  Thank PremanCanada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I live in Victoria, and know many of our good restaurants. My husband and I decided to try Saaz after a good review in a local food magazine. We thought the service and food were excellent. We shared a dosa, and a delicious dish with portabella mushrooms. Lovely fresh pita bread as well.
This is a great spot for locals, and for visitors. It is close to the waterfront, and inner harbour, as well as some interesting shops near Market Square. It has a good sized room that can be set up for small or large groups. It looks like a winner to me!

3  Thank mackenzie13
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I have enjoyed the cuisine offered at Saaz on numerous occasions. The food and service is consistently good. Manager and dosa chef Jay always ensures I'm well looked after. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant...Q

2  Thank Quincy H