“FABULOSO! No need for many words...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
Albion Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 93 Victoria B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“FABULOSO! No need for many words...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Albion Manor is, by far, the best B&B I have ever stayed at. If there were a 6-star rating, I would give it all 6...the house, the wonderfully elaborate rooms and exotic beds, the eclectic art works in every corner on every wall, and the remarkable garden ALL make this place beautiful. The hosts are so genuine and comfortable it sets a homey tone for everyone. Breakfast also gets 6 stars. I will return again and again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife and I were traveling through Vancouver and stayed a night in Albion to see Victoria, BC. We chose Albion because of its proximity to the inner harbor and other major tourist sites of the city.

We found the B&B very well taken care of and the hosts, Fernando & Don, very welcoming. It is as if you are entering their personal home, filled to the brim with their art collection. The rooms looked immaculate and updated with their own individual modern bathrooms. We wanted a clean and comfortable environment and we got exactly that in Albion. We have Room #8, which had its own separate front door and was facing the front yard.

The breakfast was delicious and Fernando joined us at the table for a hearty chat about various topics. The other guests were very friendly and talkative, which made the breakfast interesting. There were solo travelers, couples, friends, etc. Hot water and tea, as well as cookies, were available at any time. It really helped me as I had just gotten the flu in Vancouver and the hot water/tea really soothed my sore throat.

There was this one outstanding restaurant called Red Fish, Blue Fish, located on the docks by the harbor, that served delicious seafood related items. The restaurant is really a stall made from a shipping container. The oyster sandwich and fried cod that we had were perfect and the view of the water made it even better.

On the 2nd day, we took the bus at the nearby hotel (3 blocks away) to the famous Beauchart garden (about 30 min away from Victoria). The weather was perfect and the flowers were special. The restaurant inside the Garden served a delicious afternoon tea and provided an excellent view of the area.

When we checked out in the morning, we had forgotten our camera charger in the room, and when we returned to retrieve it later, they had wrapped it nicely with our name and date to ensure that we get it back.

Anyways, we definitely enjoyed our stay at Albion and highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Victoria and looking for a more personal experience.

Room Tip: #8 was spacious with its own jacuzzi and doorway. It is a few dollars more expensive but we feel it...
1 Thank garrett678
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Just back from three nights at the Albion and we can't stop raving about it. Don and Fernando have created an experience for their visitors that would be hard to beat. They are so welcoming and the inn itself is a visual and culinary treat. The room we had, no. 8, had a fabulous four posted bed and a modern bath with both a two person jacuzzi and a stall shower. We can't say enough about Don's breakfasts or their garden. It's not quite as lavish as Buchart Gardens (which shouldn't be missed either), but it's close. The location is good, too, a short walk from the ferries and Victoria's inner harbor. We'd recommend it to anyone who wants a lovely place to stay when visiting Victoria (not with kids).

Room Tip: Room 8 is where we stayed. It has it's own little deck and direct entrance to the lovely garden...
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying at the Albion Manor over a few days in the early spring and I can honestly say that it was a total delight! Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts who made us feel right at home. We were a last minute reservation, but we were welcomed with open arms by Don who kicked our stay off with a tour of the beautiful home and facinating stories about the unique artifacts and the sculptures by his partner, Fernando. We were graciously welcomed to the dining room each morning by Fernando who filled many moments with friendly humor and interesting facts from the art world. The breakfast was as delicious as it was beautifully presented. They rotate the selections so that you don't experience the same breakfast twice which is a nice luxury when you are staying multiple nights. The rooms are very unique and well appointed and the guys even helped me find a dentist when I needed an emergency root canal. I tried to book again for an upcoming stay, but unfortunately they are sold out. And here is the most impressive thing - they helped me to find another fabulous B & B in town. Classy!

Room Tip: If someone tells you a place is sold out, ask if they can recommend another. So many of the innkeep...
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

This place is sure to become a fond memory of your travels to Victoria. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this place to any of our friends and family.

First of all, booking was easy and convenient due to the online availability calendar.

Secondly, the rooms are luxurious, comfortable and decorated with antiques and Fernando's own artwork. In fact, the whole house is more like an art gallery featuring Fernando's paintings and sculptures. We stayed in room 5, which was absolutely beautiful. We had our own private
entrance with a little covered deck, which we utilized in the evenings to drink tea or wine while star gazing. The view from the claw foot bathtub is something else too (see the website for
details!).

Next, is the location. We were within walking distance to downtown, Beacon Hill Park and Dallas Street (which runs along the sea wall). There is also an eclectic tapas-style restaurant called the Superior on the same street, which provided the best food and entertainment of our trip (be
sure to check it out if you love fresh food made from locally sourced ingredients).

Last, but certainly not least are your hosts, Don and Fernando, and the absolutely scrumpitious breakfasts they serve you every morning at 9 am. Don is the chef and his breakfast selections are pure genius (spinach and salmon frittata and cheese souffle to name a few). We were fed so well we didn't eat again until 4 pm most days. Fernando serves breakfast and creates a warm and inviting atmosphere at the breakfast table. All of the guests eat together, which is a great way to share travel stories and suggestions.

My one tip would be to call ahead and let them know what time you will be arriving. Don and Fernando spend most of their day working around the house, which means they aren't necessarily inside to let you in if you arrive without advance notice. It's easy enough to track one of them down though!

We had such a wonderful experience here and if we don't make it back in the near future, then we'd love to send you in our place!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank juliabee222
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

I have just returned from my second visit to Victoria. In both 2011 and 2012, I stayed at the Albion Manor for a week each time,and I will be there again in 2013. Why? This gorgeous B & B is my home away from home. Fernando and Don are absolutely the best - very friendly and helpful, both extremely gifted in all things art related. This gorgeous B & B is fabulously decorated, with incredible antique furnishings and original artwork by Fernando. Both Don and Fernando are warm,friendly, and very intelligent. They are extremely knowledgable about the best places to dine in Victoria plus a myriad of other subjects. The breakfasts are unbelievable and the Manor is clean and comfortable and the gardens are stunning. It is a three minute walk to Fisherman's Wharf where you can catch a water ferry. The Ferry will take you downtown or to Chinatown, the Museum, Imax, the Empress Hotel and many other interesting sites. Or, you can walk downtown in 10-20 minutes either along the streets or along the ocean. The Albion Manor is located in beautiful James Bay. St. James Square is located just 10 minutes away and there you will find a grocery store, liquor store, beer and wine store, bookstore, Pizza, coffee cafe and a intriguing consignment store - Fernando told me about that one - lots of cool stuff in there! A few blocks from the Manor is where you can reserve a fabulous carriage ride. If you are sitting outside at the Manor, you will see and hear the beautiful horses as they pull the carriages down Superior Street. If you would like to go to the Casino, well, there is a free shuttle which departs several times each day from a hotel just three blocks away from the Manor. Perhaps you want to go whale watching - just walk down to Fisherman's Wharf and book your reservation. Whatever you decide to do during the day, you will be welcomed back to the grandeur and warmth of the Albion Manor and it's gracious hosts, Don and Fernando. My heartfelt thanks to both of you for sharing your beautiful Manor with me which allowed me to rest and recharge. See you in 2013! Pat Castle

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Pat C
Vancouver, British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

I've stayed at the Albion twice recently (from Vancouver) -- once my a visiting niece and once with a visiting friend. We all enjoyed it immensely. I cannot say enough good (or original) things about Albion Manor: Don and Fernando are bright, hospitable and enjoyable hosts; the house is both charming and fascinating, with all of its antique furniture and original art; the gardens are beautiful and filled with chirping birds (and even a visiting pair of ducks!); the breakfasts are always delicious and varied (though I must confess that the almond scones are among my favourite things and well worth repetition); the location is perfect, whether or not one has a vehicle. The neighbourhood is quiet and lovely, but it's very close to the Inner Harbour, shopping, restaurants.... The place is kept very clean and yet one feels like one can 'live' in it -- a difficult balance to achieve. My only problem with Albion Manor is that I can't stay there more often.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely. All are quiet. Some have TV and some don't -- so ask about that if...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends