“Magical no more.”

The Original Christmas Village
Ranked #17 of 79 Shopping in Victoria
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Once upon a time, many years ago, this store was such a fantastic, magical store. When it comes to finding Christmas ornaments, there is no shortage, they come from all over, BUT the owner was no longer accomodating. Entering the store, all that awaits you is negative signs. Mind you, we came here in DEC. "This is the busiest time of year, IF you don't plan on buying, do not go past this point." "No children without an adult." "No food or drink allowed in store," "absolutely no Photo or video taking allowed."

The people behind the counter didn't even acknowledge us when we walked through the door. Our daughter was home from NY, we had not taken her to Victoria at Christmas, which is absolutely beautiful! We went past the point, where "if you don't plan on buying...", we were planning on buying something. What? Didn't know at that point. The owner stopped me, by putting his hand on my arm pointing to my macaroon container. "Is that food?" Yes, but I am not eating it, I am carrying a box of macaroons. They do not smell and I am not consuming them." Grumbel. Our adult daughter was standing in the nutcracker area and received a call from her work, she was looking at them while talking and he goes up to her, "What are you going to buy?" She didn't know. He proceeded again "What are you looking for?" I don't know yet.

Back in 2003, we took my parents and inlaws for Christmas. We went into this store because it was so wonderful. My Father in Law thought he would videotape it so he could show family back in OH. (There were no signs in 2003). The owner told him to turn it off, and that he could not take any video or picture inside the store! This was the beginning of its downfall.

How are we supposed to know what we are going to buy, if we don't know the merchandise and what they have to offer. His mannerism and the way he talked at us was completely distasteful. Customer service was null. We were so appalled, we left.

Sadly, a store I used to love in Victoria, will no longer receive my business.

7  Thank Heather E