“great hospitality”

Marketa's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 92 Victoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at marketa´s in March 2011 and was delighted of the nice room and the great hospitality of marketa and Patricia. The Victorian house is kept very well and it relaxing and very enjoyable to stay there. High quality handmade breakfast. The location is perfect: a few minutes to "downtown", close to the coast and a cosy and stylish Jazz-Cafe around the corner with good wine and great food. Ask Marketa about it. thank you Marketa and Patricia!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed in February for a Valentine's Day treat, we were moderately satisfied with our room (honeymoon room). Hard bed, jets in tub shot freezing water at us and there was definite water damage on the walls. Otherwise it was clean, warm and staff were friendly. As other reviewers have stated "not a 5-star hotel", yet still is a good choice overall. (P.S. breakfast is great!)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lily T
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed at marketas last July (Victoria day weekend) I sayed in the first room to the left after you walk in the door. It was outstanding! It was a budget room with a shared restroom. The room was huge and very clean. The bed was very comfortable, and I was six months pregnant at the time so that should tell you something.
The breakfasts were to die for! Sure they take a while to prepare but you have to take into consideration that the staff are preparing a HOMEMADE meal for every single person. I would prefer theme to take a while and make my food extra good and not just rush to get it to me. And trust me it's well worth the wait! I'll close by saying this you can tell that marketa and her staff really care. They want you to enjoy yourself. If your looking for the ritz Carlton don't stay here. But if you was a warm, comfortable, affordable, homey place then please trust me you will love marketas!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Beevo2
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed for one night in the Sunshine room (aka #4). I loved that we got our own key to the house and the room which were both auto locking. That made me feel safe about leaving my stuff there. This is a great location being just a couple blocks away from the government building and the inner harbor.

If you are looking for luxury, go to a five star hotel and not a B&B. The house was charming and the room clean. But it's an older house and that means a few drawbacks. Although the toilet area has a door, the bathtub and shower are IN the room. A little odd for people from the US, but very typical for my experience in Europe. The mattress was a little older than I would have liked as it had a bit of a trough in the middle.

Marketa herself is nice and very helpful. She and her staff made a lovely breakfast in the morning. Overall it was a great place for the night.

Room Tip: The Sunshine (#4) and Green (#3) rooms appear to be configured the same, with the bathtub in the roo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank texanative
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We stayed at Marketa's about a month ago when we were passing through Victoria. We'd originally planned to stay two nights, but we had car trouble and had to cancel the first night at the last minute. Even though they have a two-night minimum on weekends, Marketa was very understanding and didn't charge us for the second night.

Once we finally arrived and settled in, Marketa provided us with some excellent dining recommendations. The stroll into Victoria was lovely. The bed and breakfast is centrally located, but also out of the way of the hustle and bustle of town, so you really have the best of both worlds.

Breakfast in the morning was a treat as well. My husband and I had eggs benedict, which were delicious. The two ladies who helped serve breakfast were very sweet, as were the guests who shared the table with us. I would definitely stay at Marketa's again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Wow! wow wow wow!
What a wonderful stay at Marketa's B&B!
My girlfriend and I took a short trip to Victoria last weekend. We found ourselves at Marketa's and were pleasantly surprised at the value! Great price for the location, room, food and service!

Marketa greeted us with a warm smile at the front door and proceeded to give us a tour of her beautiful, heritage home B&B. Amazing architecture and decor! Our room was upstairs, very clean and LUXURIOUS. My first time in a jacuzzi and I was not disappointed!

In the morning, the breakfast was cooked by Marketa herself! With two lovely girls helping her with serving a delicious meal. Both my sweetheart and I had the english breakfast, not one but TWO eggs! and a lot of fresh fruit. Nice rich coffee.
Delicious.
Thank you for the warm welcome Marketa!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I needed to find a place at the last minute for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Which is also the Victoria Marathon Weekend;) I input my request for a hotel into the system, and the prices were ridiculous. So I thought I would try a B and B, Marketa's had good reviews, and a vacancy, so I booked it. What a treat. The food prepared fresh, nothing rushed, this allowed the guests time to chat, give recommendations on where people might want to visit that day, learn about the countries they are from. The staff were super, and a real pleasure. I will be back, and recommend this place to anyone, and already have. Thank you Marketa and staff, everything was appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo