“Fantastic Hotel close to everything!”
Review of The Oswego Hotel

The Oswego Hotel
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I took the Ferry from Port Angeles. It was a short walk to the hotel. I arrived at 10 am too early I thought for my room. I was expecting to wait until 3 for my room. To my surprise they offered me a 1 bedroom suite that was ready then for a minimal charge. I was so excited and happy to have my room early. The rooms are the size of a small apt with a modern Deco. Very nice and clean. It felt like home. I went down and had a delicious breakfast and was able to fit in a nap before I my 5 hour walk around town. I made arrangements with the front desk for a tour of gardens the next morning. Checked my luggage at the hotel and enjoyed my day at the Gardens and the Museum before I took the 4 pm Ferry back to Port Angeles.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are nice. They have balcony's and kitchens fully stocked if you are sta...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely review.

We recognize that when travelling it can be stressful and tiring. We try our best to accommodate early check in requests or offer alternative room types for a nominal fee if available so that early check ins can be given.

I will pass on your positive comments about your stay with us to our team.

We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is an outstanding little hotel in Victoria. Perfect for a few nights or a few weeks. We have stayed several times and loved it each time. The suites are clean and spacious with great balconies (especially the ones with the ocean views), and the kitchenettes are perfect for holidays where you want to prepare a little of your own food. Great restaurant downstairs for breakfast or dinner. Lovely staff. Fair and reasonable price which is really appreciated these days. I highly recommend this hotel and I just hope it doesn't get too busy so I can always stay there whenever I am in town!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the balconies with an ocean view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Oswego hotel as your hotel of choice whilst staying in Victoria. We like to look after all of our guests but, we really value our loyal repeat guests too.

I am glad that you enjoyed the areas of the hotel and the service.

Our guests are important to us and we will continue to strive to deliver the best service and standards that we can give.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were unfamiliar with this hotel when we booked, but we were very impressed with the staff, the service and the facility. Courteous, attentive staff and a clean and modern suite. Perfect location just a bit off the harbour so away from the full blown hustle and bustle, but close enough to get to activities quickly. Turn down service was a pleasant surprise. We stayed for a full week and really appreciated a welcoming place to return to each day. The staff was very helpful each time we required assistance with extra items, car rentals, etc. We would absolutely recommend this hotel again - especially for couples or business trips. Was a treat for our family (teens probably a better fit than wee ones).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your enjoyable stay at the hotel.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our spacious suites partnered with our amenities and service for an extended period of time.

We appreciate you choosing our hotel to stay at and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had the opportunity to spend 2 nights at the Oswego Hotel in early April, 2014 along with our brother and sister-in-law. We absolutely loved the 2-bedroom suite, the complete kitchen facilities, the lounge area and fabulous views from the 2 balconies. It was perfect!
The turn down service with chocolates and mint water was delightful and so unexpected!
Each and every staff member was so courteous and helpful.
We would highly recommend the Oswego, and in fact, we did, and our daughter and family members enjoyed the same experience on the Easter weekend in April. They enjoyed the extra special attention and treats offered for the small dog they had with them - they were 'over the moon' with the service and attention they received!
On all our overnight trips to Victoria, we will definitely stay at the Oswego, and we will look forward to it. (Caroline & John Poloni, South Surrey/White Rock, BC)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderfully positive review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and also the service and standards that are important to the team for our guests.

We do love pets and assign them in designated rooms and provide them with welcome amenities. We know that for many people their family pet being welcomed and enjoying the vacation is just as important as people.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us next time you are in Victoria. In the meantime I hope that you have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I are on our annual wedding anniversary trip, and had the pleasure of staying at The Oswego in Victoria.
The room was perfect - clean, modern, great view and well-appointed.
The staff here really went the extra mile to make our anniversary stay special - we were surprised to come back to our room in the evening with a turn-down service done complete with chocolates on our bed, mint water at our bedsides, and a plate of delicious flavour filled chocolates topped with a ground cherry!
The only downside is that parking was not included in the booking price, nor were there bathrobes as were quoted on the booking website, but overall a great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us - we appreciate it!

The team work hard on providing a high level of service for our guest's experience - we are glad that we delivered on these points for you.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is an absolutely perfect boutique hotel in a charming city. The rooms are like 1 Brm condos. Excellent layout, very spacious, well-appointed, great views, exceptional staff, secure parking. And..a very good dining room. Wish this was a chain so that we could stay in this hotel wherever we travelled. You will be delighted.

Room Tip: if you can get room 901, you will be very happy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Wow, thank you for your review! Your comments will be passed onto the hardworking team we have.

We are very pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the service offered.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We chose his hotel on the recommendation of tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. The hotel is located a few minutes walk from the core downtown area and we could walk to places we were interested in seeing. The rooms are are really good size with kitchens, a small table to eat at and plenty of utensils and cutlery. Our bed was super comfortable. A supermarket is a 10 min walk away, the concierge gave great directions. The staff were always welcoming and happy to answer questions. My only gripe was the shower pressure was not fabulous, but this was very minor in light of the comfortable room and superb service. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. We very pleased that you enjoyed the many aspects of the hotel.

We have passed on your comments regarding the maintenance issues with the our maintenance team as we haven't received any previous complaints about shower pressure.

We hope you come back and stay with us again soon.