“AMAZING hotel only blocks from the harbor”
Review of The Oswego Hotel

The Oswego Hotel
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Atlanta, Georgia
“AMAZING hotel only blocks from the harbor”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect from this non-chain hotel, but I was blown away. Although it is located on a quiet residential street, it is only a couple of blocks from the harbor. The location is super convenient for those disembarking a cruise ship.

My room was SPOTLESS and well appointed. Free WiFi, a comfortable bed, and a kitchen made for a perfect stay. The front desk staff was top notch. I would rate this hotel on par with a Westin or W - def above a Marriott or Crowne Plaza.

I have paid 3x as much for hotels in other cities that disappointed me, but The Oswego Hotel exceeded all my needs. If returning to Victoria, this would be the first hotel that I would book.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ecaarch1
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Wow thank you for your review and your comments

Yes we are an independent boutique style hotel and our service is attentive and refined. We value our guests and having such a strong repeat clientele base we work hard for our guests to enjoy our hotel and service whilst staying with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed the 'little touches' that provided this great experience.

Come back and visit again soon

Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Fantastic hotel/apartment-friendly, professional, stylish and casual all rollled into one delightful place to stay. They even let us take our bicycles into the room. I'd definitely recommend the jazz night and dinner. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels all over the world and this is in my top 3!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Wow - we appreciate the accolade. I will pass on your positive comments to our team.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and our amenities during your stay with us.

Come back and visit us again soon - we look forward to welcoming you

Port McNeill, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

It's my third time staying at this hotel and I always feel so spoiled. The service is amazing and the room is super clean. I love the fact it has a full kitchen. It made it easier for my friend who is on a special diet.This hotel feels like having a condo in a beautiful city and the location is very convenient and yet in a quiet area.The staff is always so accommodating. They upgraded me to a two bedroom and it made my stay so much more comfortable...much appreciated since I was in town for surgery. They also extended the check out time so it would be more comfortable while waiting for my follow up doctor's appointment. I had some food from the restaurant downstairs and it was excellent. The underground parking is so convenient, secure and very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jocelyne131
We are so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel. We value our guests and the staff always goes above and beyond to ensure you and each of our guests are happy with your stay with us.

We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.

Vancouver British Columbia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stay here in mid-May. I did read that there was no air conditioning and thought it would be ok. Unfortunately there was a heat wave the week we were there and it was SO HOT in our room! My 2 year old daughter woke up at 4am and said "i'm hot!" so I opened the balcony door. It might be ok if you could keep the balcony door open all day and night (the windows in the living room are puny), but as we have a toddler, this was not an option for us (think-curious toddlers who like to climb-no go on the third floor). Anyway, it was a nice hotel, staff was very friendly, and it's certainly not their fault someone decided to build this condo without AC! Also would be nice to have a pool, but I had the choice between a pool and a kitchen and with a toddler we chose the kitchen :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased you enjoyed the overall hotel amenities and service.

Victoria's climate is normally mild but the week you stayed with us in May it was hotter than usual. Very few hotels in Victoria do have air conditioning. Our suites do have windows that open and ceiling fans to cool down the suites during the day.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Keizer, Oregon
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Don't give ratings like this often, but there is nothing that could have made this stay better! Spotlessly clean, superior service throughout the hotel, amazing setting just 3 blocks from the harbor, and apartment-sized room with everything provided. The Oswego is tucked back into a neighborhood just off the beaten path which was even more perfect.
I could not recommend this hotel more highly. It was our 40th anniversary and while checking in, there was a couple who had just been married so we remarked at how good that date was to get married. The next day, the staff brought up a plate of strawberries and wonderful chocolate truffles and a hand-written note from the manager wishing us a very happy anniversary. How do you top that?

Room Tip: Every room is unique and a different floor plan. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you so much for an amazing and positive review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay and all aspects met and exceeded your expectations. I will pass on your wonderful comments to our team.

Happy Anniversary and we appreciate that you chose our hotel to celebrate your special occasion.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the very near future.

Thanks again!
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was our second stay, and once again it was excellent all around, from start to finish!!
Staff was excellent, room was clean and well equipped, food was great in restaurant!!
We enjoyed the Wednesday Night Jazz on both visits!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Appreciate you coming back and being one of our repeat guests - our guest experience is a huge focus for the team! We are pleased that you encountered a positive stay previously and this past stay with us.

We hope that you come back and stay again very soon.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I took the Ferry from Port Angeles. It was a short walk to the hotel. I arrived at 10 am too early I thought for my room. I was expecting to wait until 3 for my room. To my surprise they offered me a 1 bedroom suite that was ready then for a minimal charge. I was so excited and happy to have my room early. The rooms are the size of a small apt with a modern Deco. Very nice and clean. It felt like home. I went down and had a delicious breakfast and was able to fit in a nap before I my 5 hour walk around town. I made arrangements with the front desk for a tour of gardens the next morning. Checked my luggage at the hotel and enjoyed my day at the Gardens and the Museum before I took the 4 pm Ferry back to Port Angeles.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are nice. They have balcony's and kitchens fully stocked if you are sta...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your lovely review.

We recognize that when travelling it can be stressful and tiring. We try our best to accommodate early check in requests or offer alternative room types for a nominal fee if available so that early check ins can be given.

I will pass on your positive comments about your stay with us to our team.

We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.