The Oswego Hotel
US$344
US$306
US$287
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
US$249
US$210
US$302
US$287
2,026 results
All reviewsfrench pressfull kitchenone bedroom suiteturn down serviceboutique hoteljames baytwo blocksquiet arealovely hotelwithin walking distanceunderground parkingvictoria clipperhotel roomlarge bathroomhome away from homeno air conditioningferry terminal
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The location of the hotel is good and the staff are very friendly. It seems to be more of a residential hotel, because the lobby is very small and the lounge and breakfast room not particularly inviting. My suite was large, but the bathroom was off the kitchenette rather than the bedroom, which was awkward. I could have settled in for a month, however, with the full-sized refrigerator and stove, and big closets!

Room Tip: Ask for a view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

We are pleased you enjoyed the hotel, location and amenities.

We pride ourselves on our quieter location off the Inner Harbour and spacious suites. We do not have any people that live at the hotel and are 100% hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The staff at the Oswego is fantastic. The rooms are trendy, new, clean and professionally decorated. My husband and I travel frequently to resorts all over North America, and this hotel is comparable to some of the top 5 star resorts that we've visited. I've stayed at the Oswego in the past when I work for a local company here in Victoria, and travelled once a month for business. I've always received consistent service and quality. I never had one bad experience with this hotel, and one of the reasons I come back and continue to recommend this place to anyone travelling to Victoria. The prices are extremely competitive making it an easy decision. If I could say one thing that would push this hotel over the top, it would be to have faster internet service for those who do business.

Located just a block away from the epicenter of Victoria, you won't need to drive anywhere to see all of the sites and do business. We were upgraded from a one to two bedroom suite and it was absolutely beautiful. We were welcome by a plate of chocolates and a nice message from the management. Our beds were turned down with more chocolates when we arrived home that evening. If you're looking for a home away from home type feeling, you'll love this place. I highly recommend the Oswego Hotel to any new visitors who want to receive the best that Victoria has to offer. Thank You Oswego for a wonderful visit, will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up on the West side have ocean views and are quieter. The two bedroom suites are wonderful for families and can comfortably sleep 6 people with the additional sofa bed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for such a positive review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel, location and amenities partnered with attentive and special service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Thank you!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We spent two days recently in a one bedroom suite on the 4th floor of the Oswego Hotel and couldn't have been happier or more comfortable. The suite is roomy, comfortable and well appointed, and the deck was a wonderful place for cocktails and morning coffee. We had no water view from our room but the ambiance of the tree-lined street/neighborhood was delightful, especially when the horse-drawn carriages went by. Our dog was treated like one of the family and he really appreciated the little tasty treats, food and water bowls, and plush bed waiting for him in the room. We humans were delighted with the candies left for us as a welcoming gift. We would stay here again although we might want to try a room with a water view next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bunnybud

Thank you for your review - we are so pleased you enjoyed the little detailed things that we do for our guests to make them feel special

We welcome pets and recognize that they are important family members too and therefore need to be treated well also.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great location and view of the city and very clean hotel. With all of those it had the potential to be a 4.5. However NO King size beds, NO windows curtains, NO safe box and very poor wifi ( altough it's included for no extra charge!) they also allow pet's. due to all of that we ended up giving it only a 3.5

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eli F
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We apologize for the issues you encountered.

We do not have King size beds in the hotel. We do not advertise that we have them and recognize that this can be disappointing if you are used to this size of bed.

We will continue to work with our internet provider to provide the best complimentary Wi-fi experience for our guests.

All points you have mentioned I will discuss with my team so that we continue to strive for a wonderful guest experience for our guests.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband on a long weekend. The first day, the house keeping did not show up, and then we checked out the second day. A month later we got a $300 charge on our visa bill. When I called them about this, they told me it was for a DEEP cleaning fee! Im not sure what type of a deep cleaning they had done because we were barely even in tge room for the 2 days we were there! They did not issue a refund and I filed a dispute with my cc company. Ugh what an awful experience! !

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Grace S

I always think it is important to reply to a review like the one you posted so that it is fair for the hotel to offer their side of the story also.

I am sorry that you felt the hotel experience was substandard in anyway.

The first day your room was offered service immediately after you called the front desk. Stayover service was later than usual that day due to a very busy full hotel over the long Easter weekend. This stayover service was given at 4.30pm.

On the day of departure I was called to view your room in departure and quite frankly the condition it was left in was not acceptable on any level. Your one bedroom suite took my room attendants, 2 of them over 2.5 hours to clean and that is after a supervisor had gone into the room to remove items prior. The $250 charge was for excess cleaning. Your room was also required to be taken out of order and the carpets to be cleaned that same night after your departure so hotel revenue was lost for this night also - this was not charged to you.

You mentioned the charge had be charged one month after departure - this is not correct and perhaps it was a month later you received your credit card statement. However, you have called and spoken to one of my manager previously with very unnecessary foul language prior to the month statement being received, so you were aware of the charge before one month had passed.

Once again I am sorry that you felt it necessary to write a Tripadvisor review when you do not recognize what were your contributions to the excess cleaning charge.

Suzanne Gatrell