The Oswego Hotel
Embassy Inn(Victoria)
The Fairmont Empress(Victoria)
Very Good 4/5
2,003 results
All reviewsfrench pressfull kitchenone bedroom suiteturn down serviceboutique hoteljames baytwo blocksquiet arealovely hotelwithin walking distanceunderground parkingvictoria clipperhotel roomlarge bathroomhome away from homeno air conditioningferry terminal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We found ourselves needing a hotel for one night while on business in Victoria. It also happened to be the weekend of the Dragon boat races, thankfully there was space available at the Oswego hotel. The room was well appointed. Upon entering they had turned some lights on and had gentle music playing from the CD player. They had also turned down the bed with chocolates on the pillow and minted water on each nightstand. I found it to be extremely clean, and I am particular when it comes to that sort of thing. I do wish that they had provided a few more towels. The room has a full kitchen, large fridge and dishwasher. I liked that they provided a french press for coffee and not the usual Keurig style brewer. We found the location to be very convenient to the harbor front. The restaurant was quite reasonable and the food was served hot and quickly. Although with the location to the harbor finding food nearby wouldn't be a problem. They do charge $15 per night for parking, but it is underground and secure. We find ourselves in Victoria often for business and will likely return to the hotel. The staff is friendly and professional.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for your review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

We were completely sold out for the Dragonboating weekend so I am pleased that you got one of our last available rooms.

Our location is central yet on the quieter side of the inner harbour and a short walk to any attraction.

Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is absolutely perfect as a base for exploring Victoria. It is minutes from the downtown area; Fishermans Wharf; Beacon Hill Park; BC Museum and all the shopping areas. It is just on the edge of the Inner Harbour and James Bay in a quiet street. Quality furnishings and fixtures throughout creating a contemporary but warm atmosphere. We had a one bed suite that had loads of space for myself, my husband and our 3 year old (including all our kit and pram too). The kitchen has everything you need to eat in your room (although we were far too lazy to utilise this option).
The staff are absolutely amazing! They think of things that you might need before you even realised you needed them yourself! We arrived mid morning knowing that our room wouldn't be ready but we hoped to check in and leave our luggage. We were greeted by exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. We left our luggage and went exploring. We received a call to say our room was ready (before check in time of 3pm) so we headed back to the hotel to sort some things out. Our bags had already been taken up to our room for us and the room was very inviting with windows open and radio playing for us. After a quick turn around, we headed back out. When we returned early evening, our beds had been turned down, bedside lamps turned on, chocolates placed on the bed, windows closed and individual jugs of water with glasses and mint leaf on each bedside table. It was a lovely surprise.
This level of service continued throughout our stay. So much thought and time is taken to make you comfortable. I love how the staff remember you and are so eager to help.

The O Bistro, I thought, was lovely although my husband didn't think much to it. We really enjoyed the Wednesday night Jazz band. There was a great atmosphere but be sure to get there early to grab a table as it fills up quickly!

I only had one issue and that was the noise from the rain that kept me awake one night. I'm not sure if the windows are double glazed but I found the outside noise from the street or the torrential wind and rain to be rather loud. The sound proofing between rooms however, was excellent. I would definitely go back again. Love, Love, Love this hotel and highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kay B

Hearing your wonderful comments makes me proud of the team that work hard together to provide the best experience we can for our guests. All the individual points you noted assisted in creating an exceptional stay for you and your family. Our guests are very very important to each and every staff member at the Oswego.

I am pleased that you encountered Jazz nights. These nights are extremely busy and popular. Perhaps you can let me know directly what the points were you husband didn't like so that we can discuss and improve.

Thank you again for your lovely review. This will be discussed with the team and it is very appreciated.

We hope that you come back and stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Oswego is perfectly situated close to the water and all amenities. But what really impressed my husband and I was the service. They front desk is so kind and accommodating, they allowed us to check in very early. Shortly after we arrived they called up to our room to check if everything was ok. Wow! that doesn't happen very often. All room are suites so if you would prefer a night in everything is there. The only thing we had wished for was a patio and a pool. We got the last room in the hotel at short notice so that couldn't be helped. This is a top notch hotel that we highly recommend!

Room Tip: Get a room with a patio
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olivia H
OswegoHotelGManager, General Manager at The Oswego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review about your stay with us.

Our guest experience is #1 importance for the team. We want our guests to be wowed and looked after whilst staying with us. The little details we do we hope that our guests enjoy but, also we want to ensure that each guest is looked after whilst staying with us.

We hope to see you again at the hotel.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

When I booked the hotel bases on reviews and pictures, I wasn't expecting such positive surprise. The hotel is a lot nices than the pictures and the service is excellent. Fully recommended.

The room has a lot of space, small kitchen, beautifull bathroom and a sofabed in the living room.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank RCotoM

Please tell everyone about your stay with us - positive reviews from our guests are valued and appreciated. We will pass on your positive comments to the team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Thank you!